P90X and Marathon Training, join me!

Options
Ok folks, it's time! I am going to start a new round of P90X on Monday, tomorrow - June 27! I'd love for you to join me! I'm also going to be training for the Marine Corp. marathon!

I'm excited to get started, I'm excited to be running the Marine Corp Marathon! I'm ready to go! I'd love company on my journey! So if you're a runner or if your doing p90X, please join me!

Let's push each other on our fitness and meal plans! (my biggest struggle is what I eat!)

At first, I will be modifying as I am recovering from a sprained ankle, but soon I will be going full force.

So, join me! Introduce yourself! Let's get started! I don't care when you start (today, tomorrow, next week or next month) just join in!

Have a great day! Let's Bring it!

Heather

Replies

• bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm marathon training now. I will be doing Grand Rapids October 16th.

At first I thought you were asking who was going to be doing both activities and I know there is no way I can handle both! More power to you! OMGosh!
  • ljd0693
    ljd0693 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    We already have a group starting P90X tomorrow. Come join us.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/270817-p90x-starting-monday-6-27-anyone-else
  • WhyWait
    WhyWait Posts: 58
    Options
    Amanda

I hope you join me! I am taking a break from running to let my ankle recover. But will be getting back into that soon, hopefully! I'd love a running partner to push me during my longer miles!

I'm doing P90X for the cross training. Have you tried P90X? It's a great program. I will modify it for running when I get into longer miles. I actually have a good marathon training/P90X schedule if your interested.

How's your training going?

Heather
  • WhyWait
    Options
    Hi Lbj,

I'll stop by and check it out. thanks

Heather
  • WhyWait
    Options
    Ok,

Day 1 in the books.

I really had to modify for my ankle. warm ups were all low impact. All pushups from knees.

But, it was still hard! I still sweated! And I will still be sore!

I will still feel it tomorrow. And, yes, even modified, my ankle is feeling it!

Ok, time for a little recovery drink. And, ABX will be up today too!

How did you do?

Heather
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Amanda

I hope you join me! I am taking a break from running to let my ankle recover. But will be getting back into that soon, hopefully! I'd love a running partner to push me during my longer miles!

I'm doing P90X for the cross training. Have you tried P90X? It's a great program. I will modify it for running when I get into longer miles. I actually have a good marathon training/P90X schedule if your interested.

How's your training going?

Heather

I have tried P90x, and that's why I know that I personally can't handle both at the same time. Training is going well. :) I'm starting to get into the 13+ miles mileage. I like it!
  • WhyWait
    Options
    Amanda

Good for you for knowing not to go to hard! :-)

This will be my first marathon training with P90X. I'm looking forward to the challenge. I love Chalean Extreme as my normal workout with training. Short and to the point.

I love hitting the 13 mile mark. Then on those days were you cut back, you go - honey, I'm going out for a quick 10 mile run! Sounds funny!

I'm hoping to start running slowly again next week. I think my foot/ankle is starting to heal. But, it's gonna be like forever to get my miles up to where they need to be. But, it will happen!

Enjoy your run!
  • WhyWait
    Options
    Day 2 was yesterday. I was supposed to do Plyo but no way with my ankle. So, I used the day and went for a walk with my dog. I need to get moving and keep it low impact for a little while longer.

Day 3 was today- arms, shoulders! It wasn't too bad. I did all the moves with some impact. I did feel it, but not to bad. (have to watch twisting motion. Since I am so swollen by my toes, it got hard to do some of the weights. Crazy right! But, I always put a lot of pressure on my feet for balance… So, I did 2 sets, then had to stop for a few minutes to rest my foot. Then jumped back in. I'm trying to reduce swelling, not have it get worse.

I'm looking forward to trying yoga tomorrow. Also, scared. The rotation is bad! But, it might be good? We will see.
  • WhyWait
    Options
    Ok, I'm back!
    I'm focused.
    And, yes I am restarting today.

Why? Well, after a weekend of sailing and reflecting I determined last week I did my workouts, half away. I was testing my ankle, but not really giving it my all.

So, that said, while sailing I committed to my goals, got refocused. Yes, I am still recovering from my ankle. But, it's not going to slow me down as much as I will let it!

Plus, its time to start running again too!

Therefore, that said it's time to go!

45 minutes of running done. 475 calories gone!
    Next is Ab ripper X followed by Chest/Back!

Here I go! Join me!
  • jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I was actually planning on restarting P90X! I made it past the first 30 days and just quit entirely, and I'm looking to start it back up again. :-) I'm gonna do the first day (chest and back/ab ripper) when I get off work here, and go for a jog later in the evening.
  • fruitloops313
    fruitloops313 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm currently on day 31 of my second round of P90X. I am still recovering from a pulled Achilles tendon, and I know, most of
    that is my own fault, since I was being hard headed and would not stay off it like I was supposed to :(. I always had it in my head
    that I could "run just a little bit", sure, and limp back home,lol. I'm getting there though, even though I still can't make it past 2 or 3 miles at this point, and those are sloooow ones. It's a little bit discouraging, because I feel like I'm starting all over again !!! Like you, I have definitely had to cut the Plyo out of my P90X routine. I wish you much success :):)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    HI there! I restarted round 2 of the X yesterday and I am on week three of Bridge to 10K... I am trying to do doubles but at least doing my runs on the days of cardio but, as I said, trying to do both on cardio days.

Good luck and I will help you and would love your support.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm restarting p90x I got about 60 days in and had to modify workouts because of time restrictions. But I'm back now today was day 3 of the lean plan. Shoulders and arms with the ab ripper. Tomorrow is Yoga, I need others to help keep me going!!:smile:
  • Barrettmomof3
    Barrettmomof3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I would love to try this, something to get me started with the P90X. I will do my best to keep up but I guess we shall see.
  • christyp76
    christyp76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am running Marine Corps Marathon too!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm set to start my P90X/Half-Marathon training July 17th (need a week to finish my 100-mile goal).
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I actually have a good marathon training/P90X schedule if your interested.

I am currently finishing training for my first marathon (7/31) but have another scheduled for the first part of December (training will start first or second week of August)...I would be really interested in seeing how you incorporated your p90x workouts. I have had a few "starts" on the program but never made it all the way through. For the last few months I have only been doing running training and definitely need to tone up the upper body...
  • christyprunner
    christyprunner Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I ran Marine Corps a about 7 years ago...fun marathon!!!

I am here to lose about 30 pounds, get myself back into running after a long layoff and complete another half marathon...and then who knows...another full?
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've been training for a marathon in September in Colorado Springs, and incorporating P90X into it, too! I just finished about 2 weeks ago with the P90X program, but I wouldn't mind going again. We'll see how it goes with the higher mileage, but good for you!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Bleh, started P90X on Sunday but my ulcer flared up a few days go ... I'm hoping to be able to jump back in on Sunday and just move over my start date by a week, fingers crossed.