New to site and love support!

Options
Hello,
My name is Dana and I just discovered this site. I have tried many different diets, but it's all about healthy eating and working out. This looks like an easy way to track. Would love any advice or motivation from anyone!

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dana!
  • EmBlazes
    EmBlazes Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Welcome Dana. It's great on here and the people are very supportive. I'm sure you will find it really useful :bigsmile:
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Welcome :)

You hit the nail on the head, it is all about eating well and exercising! This is an amazing website :)
  • DanniR88xx
    DanniR88xx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I'm a newb too and agree its all about getting the balance right with healthy eating and exercise!

Feel free to add for support :)
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    welcome Dana,

I've struggled with my weight my whole life. This is the first time I've felt in control and have been able to stick with it. Having it on my phone and on the internet helps. I log everything, and I do me everything. I also made a New Years Resolution to walk at least 1 mile every day. That has morphed to 2 miles...and it can be walking or elliptical. I've been here for 60 days and have lost almost 7 lbs. Doesn't seem like much, but I feel like it is something I can stick to the rest of my life. I still eat the things I love, but concentrate on more veggies. When I eat more veggies I do better.

My advice, keep plugging away, don't give up. You'll go over your calories, keep at it. Some days you won't feel like exercising, keep at it. I dont' feel like exercising ever, but I've done it every single day since December 26th.

KEEP AT IT, oh and add friends they are encouraging...:wink:
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi Dana and welcome,
    You have sure come to the right place for support and motivation.
    Plus there are so many helpful tools here to help keep you on track!

Good luck to you with meeting all of your weightloss goals.
    please feel freet o add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • Twylla
    Twylla Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi Dana.
    The community of people on this website is amazing! Keep at it and you will see results! :)