holiday cheating?!?!

Options
I went on vacation and cheated a bunch. I still kept track on MFP just to make sure my guilty pleasures didn't kill my goals. I went over just about every day but not by much. The bad thing was my fat and sugar intake was WAY high. I'm glad to be back at home and work, and back to my routine.

How was your weekend? Did you cheat? Did you log in and keep track all weekend? Lets hear how you did.

Replies

• amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I cheated and did not keep track. I did well for breakfast and lunch for my holiday weekend it was dinner that was bad. Oh well, I still weigh the same this morning.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I did not cheat! If fact, I stayed under. I did track all weekend.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I cheated, but almost exclusively with booze. I was very, VERY inebriated this weekend.... booze is not low cal.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I had re-adjusted my goals so that I was set at maintenance because I knew I wouldn't have time to workout. I still tried to log everything. Didn't do very bad at all - although I couldn't figure out how to log my activity because I was on a hot air balloon crew. Logged it as weight lifting ~ one great strength training session each time balloon went up. Not to mention lifting the basket and the envelope each time we went up or came down. Great fun though!
  • Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    Options
    If i cheat a day, i gonna cheat the rest of the week! Actually, we do not need to cheat! I am eating everything i want based on my calories.

If i want to cheat, i just save my calories for huge meal Ex. Big Mac loool ;D (Good way of cheating)!
  • susangell
    susangell Posts: 7
    Options
    Yikes. Put on 3.2 pounds from Saturday to Monday. WAY TOO MUCH BEER and way too many salty snacks. But they taste SO good with the icy beer. I'm drinking gallons of water today, getting back to exercise and good healthy eating.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    The only day I went over was last night, by about 150 cals. The problem is that even though I wasn't over by calories, I didn't eat decently. Didn't eat my good fiber choices, lean protein, etc. And my extra calories yesterday? Beer. So even though it wasn't MUCH extra, I gained 1/2 pound.

But you know what? I had a GREAT weekend with friends and family, a piece of chocolate dessert that was SO SO worth it, and I'm not looking back on anything but wonderful memories. No guilt here! :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't consider the occasional bad food days as cheating. It's just a natural part of life. I do my best to make sure they don't happen often enough to affect my health, but it's no big deal for the occasional feast. I exercised daily and did my best to track foods over the weekend but most were just guesstimates. And I'm back to my usual healthy diet today.
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    i cheated a bit! But tried to exercise a lot every day to have extra calories to splurge with! cheated mostly with ice cream! gotta have ice cream @ the beach!!
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    I totally cheated, went way over my allotted calories. Oh well. I was with family and my family knows how to cook. Now I'm back on the wagon. I don't feel guilty because I'm in this for the long haul. I know I will have to keep this up for the rest of my life to maintain any weight loss I achieve. So two days in a lifetime is really not that big a deal.
  • SkimosGirl
    SkimosGirl Posts: 13
    Options
    I read somewhere before a woman said "I am grown woman I do not 'cheat'. If I eat something that puts me over, I know I am doing it and I am accountable." I kind of liked that approach. I feel guilty enough when I do it that I'd rather not label it as "cheating" lol. But yea I didn't even bother tracking all weekend, thought I was crazy over but didn't have a significant gain today so all the swimming walking and playing paid off!! Had a blast!
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't like the word cheating - I made a choice several week ago that I was going to eat what I wanted to on 7/4 (one day only). It's not cheating it's a choice. Cheating implies guilt.

I still logged the calories to the best of my abilities - when some one else prepares the food that isn't always easy and came in 800 calories over what I eat on a normal day, I was actually still at a slight calorie deficit because of my morning workout.

Worse side effect is that after giving my body all those calories yesterday I'm starving this morning. Seriously - it's a long time til lunch!
  • Monica_in_MO
    Monica_in_MO Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Although I didn't explode my calorie goals, I relaxed my usual rules for myself for the past few days and had sweet treats everyday for three days in a row! I enjoyed it at the time, but I have to admit I feel a little sluggish and gross today. I'm already throwing down the water trying to flush it all out. Ugh!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I cheated for two days straight! I ate it all and counted none of it, I know I went way over but back on track today :D
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Life is for LIVING! If I eat something I normally would not eat anymore, I just move on the next day. I am facing this next month as I will be on a cruise. I am sure I will eat and drink a lot of calories! I just figure I will get right back on track the following day.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I went camping last week and ate like a hog. Didn't log a thing. I ate well over the weekend since I had to work - no holiday BBQ's for me! lol.

Even with all my camping food enjoyment - I am still on track with my weight. :)
  • ThaCookieMonster
    ThaCookieMonster Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I did not cheat! If fact, I stayed under. I did track all weekend.

Me too!!
    And if feels good :)