Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Doing what?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have had huge calorie burns like you in day! You still need to mindful of your calorie intake.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Amazing! Doing what?

Brisk walking and aerobics. Also some strength training. I burned enough for a cheeseburger :lol: (550)

Only 550? How sad!
  • TheLittleFangs
    TheLittleFangs Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Doing what?

Brisk walking and aerobics. Also some strength training. I burned enough for a cheeseburger :lol: (550)

Only 550? How sad!

Yeah I'm only 5'2 and 136lb. Lol
  • AmandaIsherwood3
    AmandaIsherwood3 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Me and my son went on a nice walk along the river today stopped off for a nice cold drink at a local pub on the way home, 4 hours we were walking, total burn according to my fitbit 1500 calories, this is probably overestimated but enough for a nice bowl of chocolate ice cream later and still in my deficit :)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Doing what?

Only 550? How sad!

Only? I'd be thrilled to burn 550!

I'd be thrilled to burn 550, in an hour. That being said I'm quite partial to a nice stroll especially if it's sunny. I just usually wouldn't count it as exercise (not saying it isn't exercise for some people but that's just me though)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend you get to 210. I logged 70 minutes of "Mowing, general" and was attributed a burn of 611. This is our Summer, and today's temp got somewhere close to 100 F. Before this journey began my weight was high in the 200's or somewhere in the 300's over a decade ago. To mow in this weather, I used an ice pack under my hat to cool my blood because I feared heat stroke. Today I mowed, I sweated, but I did not fear for my life and health.
  • Dali032484
    Dali032484 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'2 and weigh 136lbs :-) and burned over 400 calories doing cardio exercises at a high intensity for about 52 minutes :-)
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I logged 70 minutes of "Mowing, general" and was attributed a burn of 611.

This is something about Myfitnesspal that makes me dubious of my estimated 'calories burned'. If i log exercise i always err on the side of limiting the minutes as i don't believe i burn 611 calories in 70 minutes (not to put you off!!).
    I do a lot of gardening myself. Yesterday i mowed the lawn and cut hedges non-stop for 4 hours in baking sun and was drenched in sweat - and i really go for it even concentrating on core muscles.
    If i log this as 'gardening general' for 240 minutes it says 1216 calories burned!

Trying to be realistic, I logged 70 minutes only (355 calories).

Thoughts? Am i being hard on myself?
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Hahaha. Sounds about right, being short is not a friend to calorie burning :p good for you for getting out and about and being active on a Sunday :)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Ricksh1000 wrote: »

And this is something about Myfitnesspal that makes me dubious of estimated 'calories burned'. If i log exercise i always err on the side of limiting the minutes as i don't believe i burn 611 calories in 70 minutes (not to put you off!!).
    I do a lot of gardening myself. Yesterday i mowed the lawn and cut hedges non-stop for 4 hours in baking sun and was drenched in sweat - and i really go for it even concentrating on core muscles! If i log this as 'gardening general' for 240 minutes it says 1216 calories burned!

I logged 70 minutes only (355 calories).

Better safe than sorry is the way I think of it.. you probably burned a lot being in the heat and I can't begin to guess if it was as high as 1216 in the end. MFP sometimes overestimates, sometimes underestimates.. ya never know so I think you're playing smart to do it the way you did. Otherwise if you put in a burn of 1216 and didn't hit anywhere close to that you'd be way out of your deficit. :confounded: 'Ain't nobody wanna do that!'

Unless of course you're planning on it. :wink:
  • Ricksh1000
    Options
    Thanks Hearts, glad i'm not alone on this :)

My thoughts exactly, anything extra burned is a bonus :)
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Amazing! Doing what?

Only 550? How sad!

In nearly 3 hours? It's not massive!
  • Shadowmf023
    Shadowmf023 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Doing what?

Only 550? How sad!

I could probably burn more if it was really high impact. But asthma. :) I'm getting better with the workouts, but not there yet.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Amazing! Doing what?

Only 550? How sad!

I could probably burn more if it was really high impact. But asthma. :) I'm getting better with the workouts, but not there yet.

to each their own, whatever works!

i hope you enjoyed your burger!!! i always find exercise calories taste the best!!!!
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ricksh1000 wrote: »

This is something about Myfitnesspal that makes me dubious of my estimated 'calories burned'. If i log exercise i always err on the side of limiting the minutes as i don't believe i burn 611 calories in 70 minutes (not to put you off!!).
    I do a lot of gardening myself. Yesterday i mowed the lawn and cut hedges non-stop for 4 hours in baking sun and was drenched in sweat - and i really go for it even concentrating on core muscles.
    If i log this as 'gardening general' for 240 minutes it says 1216 calories burned!

Trying to be realistic, I logged 70 minutes only (355 calories).

I cut all exercise calories MFP gives me by half (since that's what I usually get when I wear my heart rate monitor)
  • Ricksh1000
    Options
    Thanks, that's good to know :)