Finally starting to love myself!

Options
miranda72089
miranda72089 Posts: 29 Member
I dont normally post on things like this but Im finally starting to love myself for the first time in my life. I started off at about 230ish. I'm finally down to the 180s. I'm very proud of myself! I have quite a bit to go but thankfully I have an amazing support system so I know I'll get there. Anyone else lose about 40+ lbs?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BH-UM5JACOX/

Replies

• miranda72089
    Options
    That's great! You'll finally start loving yourself soon! Just think about how far you've come!
  • mmjclark04
    mmjclark04 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started at 233 and am down to 199. I'm still struggling to see it but others do! There have been a few things that I've started to notice and get excited about!
  • miranda72089
    edited July 2016
    Options
    That's great!! The first place I noticed it was my face. I was so happy when I noticed that.
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I started at 268 and I'm not at 213 with over 50lbs lost so far. I've already started the process of loving myself. :) I just can't wait to be in the 100's. Congratulations btw. From what I see in your profile pic you look amazing.
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    WOO AWESOME!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Huge loss! You should love yourself! Huge achievement!
  • jbatinker
    jbatinker Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself! Great job.
  • sophiangelle
    sophiangelle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • julialavergne
    julialavergne Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats! Great work, you look great!! <3
    I started at 207 about 3 weeks ago and now I'm at 200(: I have a LONG way to go, about 60 more pounds. Your story is very motivating! Thank you(:
  • miranda72089
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! You will all get to your goal soon enough :)
  • madguru7
    madguru7 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Let the love flow.
  • k9babygirl
    k9babygirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's amazing u look fantastic is it just calorie counting u been doing hun x
  • kam3190
    kam3190 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Awesome Tshirt
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I will say this, from a male perspective, and from a somewhat older experience: loving one's self is an inside job and has nothing to do with body weight. If you are finally starting to feel good about what you're seeing in the mirror, that is body image, and I know that feels amazing. I just got into a pair of pants I haven't worn in almost ten years. So I know.

But "loving myself" has never been about my body size. It's always been about accepting myself unconditionally, wherever I'm at. Here's a favorite quote of mine:

"Sexy is not a size. Every calorie is not a war. Your body is not a battleground. Your value is not measured in pounds. You are just as beautiful as every other woman."

I wish it said "person"...we guys need the same kind of love.

So anyway, that's just my take on this...

Good luck, all!
    60 is the new 40!

Ditto. You are worthy of love regardless of your weight.
  • miranda72089
    Options
    I count calories but I also lift weights with my boyfriend. I'm starting to add in cardio now too.
  • misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great job

• miranda72089
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Looking good-keep it up!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!