help please (stressed)

Options
Sorry, I just really need to get some things off my chest. I work as a CNA in a nursing facilty which is a very stressful job to begin with. But since we are short handed it only makes it worse. So I am completly wore out from working with 14 residents a night. I am only part time but since they are short handed I've picked up a few extra hours. That's okay, since I love my job.

The problem you ask? Well, I will bring home over $700 on my next paycheck (not this Fridays) and I wont be able to see any of it. My fiance will need most of my money to fuel his car. He drives 54 miles a day in total (27miles to and from work) for only $8 an hour. I am sick of working my life away just to live paycheck to paycheck.

I've been suffering from extreme fatigue lately. I don't even wanna get outta bed in the mornings. I get up anyways just to go to the gym. I can barely push myself to compete my workouts. I have been suffering from nausa for the past week and a half. And on top of all of that I've been eating junk and also craving food and yet I am not even hungry. Never had cravings before that's made me eat when I wasn't hungry.

Has anyone ever suffered from stress and had the same type of symptoms? Any tips of how to deal with the stress? I just need my energy back. I don't wanna take more than a day a week off from the gym considering any more I don't even do more than an hour and a half. I use to be able to workout 3 times a day and have energy. Now, I have no energy. I even take my time while walking. I am only 22 I am @ a healthy weight for my height. I just need to find my lost energy.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• vkbayliss1
    Options
    Hi, by what you've said it sounds like you may be getting a little depressed. i felt like this a year ago, i never left the house, let alone my bed, i ate rubbish all the time, didn't do a thing.
    You should try and get out of the circle. I didn't get our soon enough and ended up becoming the biggest I ever did, but since I got myself out of the mess just figuring out things and trying to sort out things that were making me down, I've lost all the weight I put on.
    I hope you're able to sort things out.
    :)x
  • missys99
    missys99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Could be something more than just stress, you could be suffering from depression, you could be getting sick, could be a lack or vitamins or you could be pregnant (maybe I don't know you so...) but all these things and many more can cause symptoms like you are talking about. Go see your doctor and talk to him.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Have you talked your fiance about finding a job closer to home? Take a personal finance course so you can figure out how to get your head above water so that you aren't living paycheck to paycheck. For immediate relief, I would recommend taking a day or two off from work so you can take care of yourself.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Could be something more than just stress, you could be suffering from depression, you could be getting sick, could be a lack or vitamins or you could be pregnant (maybe I don't know you so...) but all these things and many more can cause symptoms like you are talking about. Go see your doctor and talk to him.

Everyone @ work has been sayin that I may be pregnant. I've suffered from depressing in the past. I don't cry or anything. I don't think bout suicide like I once did when I suffered from depression. I take a vitamin everyday and an iron supplement. I know I need to make an appointment to see the dreaded doctor. Idk. I hope it just goes away soon. Maybe once we start gettin 4 tours again @ work. I think it's just my work slowing me down. Idk.:ohwell:
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Options
    Hi, by what you've said it sounds like you may be getting a little depressed. i felt like this a year ago, i never left the house, let alone my bed, i ate rubbish all the time, didn't do a thing.
    You should try and get out of the circle. I didn't get our soon enough and ended up becoming the biggest I ever did, but since I got myself out of the mess just figuring out things and trying to sort out things that were making me down, I've lost all the weight I put on.
    I hope you're able to sort things out.
    :)x

I still have hopes and dreams like next year I plan on gettin my tummy tuck done and my inner thighs done. I am hopin to do 1000 steps next week with my friend from Pgh. We are planning to go to Pgh next month sometime. But just having the energy, it's all been lost. Maybe I just need to take a day and do what I love.... Shopping........??? Idk
  • sbpeters93
    sbpeters93 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The first thing I thought of was pregnancy - especially with the extreme fatigue. I remember what that first trimester is like! I'd stop at the drugstore and pick up a test :) Won't take long to find out .......
  • amayzingamanda
    amayzingamanda Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I feel your (and your fiance's) pain on the commute thing. I drive over 100 miles each day for work (approx 53 each way) so I understand the need to fill the tank.... but that can't possibly be your ENTIRE paycheck so I'm going to safely assume it will also go towards other bills.
    I know the job market sucks, but has your finace considered looking for a job closer to home? Or even just asking for a small raise so he can cover his costs without dipping into your income? Or is there a possibility of you becomming full time at your job? Or what about relocating somewhere mutually between both jobs? (that last one was a stretch option...)
    Aside from all that, one of the first things to do is take care of yourself! Stress and possible depression or whatever it may be that is causing your fatigue etc needs to be addressed. The suggestion above to take a day off to yourself is great! But if you feel that may further hurt your income, how about taking a night (or afternoon depending on time of day you work) and just relax with a hot bath or shower and just do nothing. Anything to just relax could help. And then maybe take some time to go over your bills and expenses and see if there is anything you can eliminate or cut back on. Like if you eat out a lot, try staying in or if you have a bill or expense you can do without for a while, get rid of it. Every little bit will count.

Hope everything works out for you! Keep your head up!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Options
    I feel your (and your fiance's) pain on the commute thing. I drive over 100 miles each day for work (approx 53 each way) so I understand the need to fill the tank.... but that can't possibly be your ENTIRE paycheck so I'm going to safely assume it will also go towards other bills.
    I know the job market sucks, but has your finace considered looking for a job closer to home? Or even just asking for a small raise so he can cover his costs without dipping into your income? Or is there a possibility of you becomming full time at your job? Or what about relocating somewhere mutually between both jobs? (that last one was a stretch option...)
    Aside from all that, one of the first things to do is take care of yourself! Stress and possible depression or whatever it may be that is causing your fatigue etc needs to be addressed. The suggestion above to take a day off to yourself is great! But if you feel that may further hurt your income, how about taking a night (or afternoon depending on time of day you work) and just relax with a hot bath or shower and just do nothing. Anything to just relax could help. And then maybe take some time to go over your bills and expenses and see if there is anything you can eliminate or cut back on. Like if you eat out a lot, try staying in or if you have a bill or expense you can do without for a while, get rid of it. Every little bit will count.

Hope everything works out for you! Keep your head up!

Def. we both have bills coming out each paycheck. But he spends the rest of his money after bills and starts relying on me. His job wont give him a pay raise they told him it was bc he called off twice within a year. I've been offered the full time position but I just don't want it. I'd rather have my 2 days off a week. Plus this way they don't get on me as much. As far as him, he's tried to find a job closer to home. He's had his hours cut @ work but can't get a parial unemployment bc he's only off 1 day a week. Sometimes 2 days a week. I will soon have my one bill paid off this month. Which will def. help. I work 2pm to 10pm it's an easier shift than 6am to 2pm. But still @ this point in time with 14 residents it drains ya.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Options
    The first thing I thought of was pregnancy - especially with the extreme fatigue. I remember what that first trimester is like! I'd stop at the drugstore and pick up a test :) Won't take long to find out .......

:noway: Can't be! People stop sayin that. I ain't ready for no baby! NOOOOOOO!!!! Grrrrr, guess I'll pick up a test, on my day off. LOL. Doubt I am thou.
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Lack of energy was the biggest symptom of the depression I suffered from for way too long. I wasn't suicidal, I loved my family, and I knew I had a really good life ... I just couldn't get out of bed. I think depression is really really hard to self-diagnose. Have you ever known anyone to go off their anti-depressants, get depressed, and swear up and down that it's because of something else, not the depression? "But it's different! I know it's not the same thing!" I've seen it time and again. Just my experience. (And yeah, the nauseau thing? Definitely ringing the pregnancy bells for me too.) Hang in there!!! :smile:
  • heidiscool
    heidiscool Posts: 36
    Options
    Depression doesn't necessarily mean suicide or dark thoughts. It could just be extreme fatigue, not wanting to do anything and eating for comfort. I was diagnosed based on the fact that I was eating a ton of chocolate. It was my body's way of getting seratonin as my brain wasn't manufacturing enough. I would recommend your Dr. or a psychiatrist who can get you on the right mix of meds. Once on them you don't have to stay on them forever, just until you can get out of this slump. In the meantime, it will allow you to get going with your exercise which will also naturally treat your depression.