So, how crazy do you go on cheat days?

breesu
breesu Posts: 14 Member
What's the craziest you ever went?
How many calories did you consume?
How often do you give yourself a cheat meal/day?

Replies

• breesu
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I dread to think how much it went over before logging, it really does make you realise.

For sure, yo! I used to eat bags and bags of chips in one sitting. So awful. When I finally started paying attention to calories and made that realization... yikes.

However... once I lose 25lbs I'm going to make brownies and eat all of them with no regrets. I feel like we should allow ourselves to do that at least once without feeling guilty :^)

• nancy1465
    nancy1465 Posts: 25 Member
    I am pretty new and only been following this program for about 6 weeks now. I also used to eat chocolate, ice cream, cookies and chips all day. Many times my junk food intake was more than my healthy food in a day. However I am now reading labels and watching my cheat food intake....sooo I allow myself one Coke a week.....ice cream every other day or a chocolate bar. I even had some Pringles once. Dont deny yourself because you will only want it worse. Just limit yourself.
  • breesu
    nancy1465 wrote: »
    I am pretty new and only been following this program for about 6 weeks now. I also used to eat chocolate, ice cream, cookies and chips all day. Many times my junk food intake was more than my healthy food in a day. However I am now reading labels and watching my cheat food intake....sooo I allow myself one Coke a week.....ice cream every other day or a chocolate bar. I even had some Pringles once. Dont deny yourself because you will only want it worse. Just limit yourself.

Exactly! When I was younger I would cut out all junk food and be really harsh on myself whenever I dieted. It didn't work, all I would do is think about junk food all day and when I'd permit myself to eat it... and eventually would cave in. but now I'm taking a very different approach... I have to allow myself these things in moderation. At first it was a little sad, the serving looked so small. But I've gotten used to it and very much enjoy my cheez-its every day.. haha :^)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    ive eaten 4000 calories in a day before
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    I get so crazy. Sometimes I take a bite of a cupcake and throw it away
  • SheLikesToLift
    SheLikesToLift Posts: 80 Member
    Ballz to the wallz.

I once ate a 10,000 calorie meal
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    No such thing as a cheat day. Eat what you want, in moderation.

Having said that, I recently had a 4,000 calorie day. Whew!! Not again for a very long time....
  • kathrynseddon1993
    kathrynseddon1993 Posts: 35 Member
    I don't have cheat days, but sometimes if I'm out for a meal or at my nanas I eat up to my maintenance calories and its not a big deal. I don't like saying its a cheat day because I'm not cheating. Its just a day of potential weight loss not used.
  • Archercc
    Archercc Posts: 37 Member
    Biggest over since I started on here was 1,700 over.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Oh gosh. Who knows. Iv eaten family sized bags of crisps and chocolate bars to myself after a pizza or something haha I have no idea how I stayed quite slim. I should be a lot bigger than I am ! Now when I have a cheat day I prob go up to 2000 from the 1500 I'm doing. Don't go to crazy now
  • beskytter
    beskytter Posts: 87 Member
    beers beers beers and some beer
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    I don't have cheat days, I have cheat vacations. I gained 5 pounds in 9 days eating cupcakes, ice cream, and bread along with regular eating. I shudder to think how many calories and worse how many carbs I ate; saltine crackers with oysters .....
    Now I'm back to the straight and narrow, 1200 calories and >50 carbs. Lost the vacation weight plus .5 in 8 days.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    I really don't know...I tend to have a cheat meal and not a cheat day...I had three pieces of pizza yesterday. That was my crazy day lol. And I drink a lot. I feel like those calories might put me over on the weekends
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    I don't have cheat days, but sometimes if I'm out for a meal or at my nanas I eat up to my maintenance calories and its not a big deal. I don't like saying its a cheat day because I'm not cheating. Its just a day of potential weight loss not used.

Pretty much this.

I don't know where people get the idea that cheat meals or days are required. When I want to eat more, I burn more.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited July 2016
    My normal cheats are when I need the mental break. I try not to go crazy and to keep it near maintenance. I have overdone it, but the issue there is it's hard to count, around 4,500-5,000 at the extreme.
  • hollygirl101
    hollygirl101 Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2016
    Whatever $17 worth of Taco Bell amounts to. Urf. This is an extreme example of a cheat day btw. Usually it just means I ate things I can't really track because I didn't make them myself (for example, I'm not going to weigh food at a bbq or quiz the host on all the ingredients) or ordered whatever I felt like when I went out for dinner. Calories be damned!
  • Christory
    Christory Posts: 14 Member
    I only weigh myself on Sundays, my eat what I want day. If I have been real good with my eating & exercising the other six days, I eat whatever comes my way. It is important to me to be able to eat foods I normally have once in a while. I have gotten myself to where I drink less than 8 oz. of Pepsi a week. (And I don't miss it.) I have been doing this for 6.5 months & am down 38.6 lbs. with 12.4 to go to meet my goal of 50 lbs. within a year.

I have learned everyone is different & you need to do what works best for you.

• Caitlinbc
    Caitlinbc Posts: 1,914 Member
    I always pick one meal during the weekend, but I still maintain some control. Like if I want pizza, I'll only have two slices and a small side salad. I'm still enjoying it but I'm not going overboard.
  • joelo_83
    joelo_83 Posts: 218 Member
    Craziest ever..?

Probably 10000+ calories in a day while on a cruise a few months ago

Lemon shortbread cookies, butter on everything, fried everything, and a whole medium pizza before bed just *kitten* because
  • oluseyiola
    oluseyiola Posts: 14 Member
    Oh, dear God. Over 3000 calories over has been my zenith, I think. I tend to get in a nearly mini=panicked state where I just pack in everything in sight, whether or not I really want it. I have issues with binging too, which I'm sure is part of it.

Now I try to make a conscious effort to plan; I also have avoided processed foods like candy and chips on cheat days and instead stick to rich, decadent foods that still scratch the itch-- thick creamy soups, breads, mousse with real chocolate and sugar, proper bakery goods, homemade ice cream. "Clean" cheating, I suppose.