Brand New to MFP - Hi!

Options
lcacch
lcacch Posts: 3 Member
I'm new to myfitnesspal as of yesterday. I need to lose 50 pounds, stop my terrible snacking habits and stick to this. I've failed miserably in the past. I use to weigh 140-150 and felt good, but then over years developed one medical issue after another that through me for a loop and medications that contributed to my weight gain, etc. I can't stand it anymore the way I look in pictures and need to get myself back. I'm married with two sons. My husband is as supportive as well as he can be, he's a man and can't grasp my daily struggles, he tries, but doesn't get it. I don't go on social media at all. I'm putting all my eggs into this basket with myfittnesspal and want to do this and hoping through others comments will find the motivation, commitment that I need to accomplish my goal, and also be there for those that connect with me. Thank you for listening. I wish you a great, healthy, happy day.

Replies

• amyoung78
    amyoung78 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to add me!
  • phrunch
    phrunch Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Stressed, you aren't putting the eggs in the MFP basket -- you're putting them in a basket for yourself. My fitness pal is a tool. IT will help to keep you accountable by allowing you to see your intake of calories and how many calories you burn each day.

You still have to do all the work for yourself and you EARNED the right to dedicate that time to you.
  • lcacch
    lcacch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. And you're 100% right. Will take your advice. Please friend request me as I'm still learning how to friend request. Happy Sunday