People who have had great weight loss success, How did it feel when you got below 200 pounds?

Options
When you got down to 199 or less? How long did you stay there? Did you gain it back? Was it hard to manage?

I'm about 5 pounds away from being there

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    It was amazing, but the number that had me in tears was when I weighed less than hubby again. :) In answer to your other questions, I kept jumping back and forth over the line with daily fluctuations for a few weeks, then stayed in the 190s before losing still more. As to being hard to manage, yes and no. Some days yes, and some days no. Some hours I am OK, but later on I am struggling. It's just how it is, I guess.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    At my highest I was in the 260's. Seeing my weight begin with a 1 was very exciting. It wasn't any harder to lose or maintain than any other weight I've been. Keeping weight off will be a lifetime of maintaining awareness and making some sacrifices.
  • Zipp237
    Zipp237 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It was wonderful. Seeing a 1 where there should be a 1 after seeing a 2 there for so long...triumph! I didn't go back up. I'm not going back up. I didn't do this work and make all these changes just to slip back into terrible habits. Health for the win!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    It was fantastic.. I was around 260lbs when I first started and was there for quite some time. Once I passed 200, I never went back.

Onederlad is fantastic!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Keeping weight off will be a lifetime of maintaining awareness and making some sacrifices.

@usmcmp: Best quote of the day! I'm copying this one to remind myself down the road.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I was excited at first but a few days later it crept back up to the 200's. I was beginning to feel like my body wanted to stay there. It took about 2 weeks before it was gone for good. I vowed to never see those numbers on the scale again.
  • Konigboy
    Konigboy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started at 400. Probably more. I am about 8 lbs until I break the 200 mark. I probably will chit myself when it happens. I have worked so hard to get to this point, I can taste it.