Starting over

Options
eddahgal
eddahgal Posts: 9 Member
I'm starting my MFP again. I lost about 30 pounds last year. I went through a rough time last year same time, lost 20 pounds in a bad way. Now I'm over weight and I need help. I am now 235 and would like to drop to 200. Any advice? Thank youu

Replies

• crashdavis37
    crashdavis37 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Between MFP and Fitbit that should motivate
  • eddahgal
    Options
    Ok thank you
  • katanak9
    katanak9 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know what it's like to lose a significant amount of weight, then gain it back. It's pretty discouraging. I lost around 35kg a few years back, but gained it all back. And for ages I couldn't forgive myself, but that actually got in the way of making progress (I was too focused on what I was instead of moving forward). Don't dwell on the past and be kind enough to do the right thing for yourself. It's a cliché, but I really do think we have to learn to,love ourselves enough to take proper care of ourselves. Good luck!!!
  • santje00
    santje00 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    eddahgal wrote: »
    I'm starting my MFP again. I lost about 30 pounds last year. I went through a rough time last year same time, lost 20 pounds in a bad way. Now I'm over weight and I need help. I am now 235 and would like to drop to 200. Any advice? Thank youu

I've lost 4 stone and gained 3 stone back. I could say that it was due to stress, but at the end of the day, I know I did it to myself. I also know what it is like to gain back weight and how it can impact your motivation to start again. What helped me tremendously to get back on the diet and exercise wagon is creating a "To Buy" list with an entire new wardrobe. Of course, this is only a good tip for people intending to lose more than one dress size. I've now have my goal set as getting from a size 16 to a size 14 by Christmas (which should be obtainable). It sounds rather silly, but sometimes it can help to have beautiful clothes you are going to look amazing in on your brower's starting page.
  • eddahgal
    Options
    Thank you for all the advice. It's day 5 for me with MFP less bloated than I have ever been. So hopefully this continues for a while.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!