How often do you weigh yourself

Options

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday morning, right after the morning bathroom visit...
  • Lisa1660
    Lisa1660 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Every 2 weeks
  • ginaDDDD
    ginaDDDD Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and log it into happyscale. It's been very helpful this past week because it's making me more mindful on my sodium intake. I had been retaining a lot of water due to sodium and now I know why I've had such wild fluctuations daily. The weighing every day keeps me in check now.
  • TheChrissyT
    TheChrissyT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every morning without fail. I still weigh just about every day. Honestly, I've been plateau'd for a long time now, gaining and losing the same 2-4lbs, but my body is changing shape and that's what I want most ultimately. So as the others have said, if it keeps you positive and motivated, do it as often as you want. If you feel like it's making you feel badly, don't do it so often. It's just a number, one of many ways to measure your success.
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Everyday but I only record the good ones!
  • ivylyon
    ivylyon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Everyday but I only record the good ones!

^^^THIS^^^

Weight does fluctuate, which is great to be aware of, but I don't let the "ups" get me down.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Daily. I record them all and I also log my measurements - neck (historically an area i gain fat), chest (very variable but an interesting metric), waist, bicep, thighs.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I weigh and record daily, but each month on the 15th is "official weigh-in" where I track my monthly weight and body fat. After that, I delete all the previous entries except the 15th's of the months prior. So my log for the past 4 years just shows the monthly trend (good and bad).
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Never
  • MaryLuvsTheLamb
    MaryLuvsTheLamb Posts: 98 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I must confess, I am a scale freak. I have a digital scale that weighs to the nearest .2 of a lb. I weigh myself in the morning before eating and getting dressed and I weigh again at bedtime with no clothes. If it's down at night, then I know it will be down in the morning. I don't, however, allow this to control my success. I remain faithful to my daily calorie input, regardless of what the scale says. I guess it's different for each person. Saturday is the day when I mark my weeks progress.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and track it using Libra - the app gives me a graph so that even with fluctuations I can still see the general trend as being up (yikes!) or down (yeah!).
  • Megstinz
    Megstinz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh myself once a week unless i am struggling. Then I hop on daily for a bit so I see the consequences of my actions and then I fix whatever needs fixing and go back to weekly. You have to realize its not always about the number on the scale. Some of the biggest changes I have seen have been off the scale....inches lost, etc.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I weight daily and log in the happy scale app and monitor the trends
  • teal9550
    teal9550 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day first thing in the morning after i shower, like others have said keep your scale clothes can only tell you so much weekly or daily, I've lost 46 lbs from this time last year but that's really 40 over the last 111 days. I've got 40 more to go, hopefully in the next 120 days
  • FrancesLyon
    FrancesLyon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week I keep it on the same days every week and first thing in the mornings. I weigh on Monday and Friday mornings.
  • RaeYballe
    RaeYballe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I allow myself to step on the scale weigh no more than twice a week. Monday morning is my weigh in day. I'll weigh myself a second time during the rest of the week if I feel I'm becoming lazy with my food intake.
  • meghanchevy28
    meghanchevy28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but then average them out for the week! Days are going to fluctuate because of water and such so as long as you don't mentally get discouraged from the fluctuations you are Gucci
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    My opinion, unless you are seeing a continual increase in weight, or have changed your daily caloric intake. Once a week is plenty. I see too many people become obsessed with the numbers on the scale.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day and watch the fluctuations to help me eat better (keeping a check on sodium and water intake for example). I log my weight every Friday here whether it is higher or lower than the previous reading. It keeps me aware of general progress