Favorite light beer?

Options
Preferably that doesn't taste like turds?! Thanks, looking for a light something to sip at the beach. In my skirted bathing suit cause that's just the way it's going to be this summer ;)

Replies

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if I really want a beer, a light beer won't cut it :( so I save up some calories so I can have the real deal!

But if you just want something slightly alcoholic that's easier to fit, I like Michelob Ultra. In my opinion it doesn't taste bad, honestly it doesn't have much taste at all, and 97 calories.

I also find it's way more important to get bottles rather than cans with light beer than with regular. I guess because they have less taste, the metallic taste of the can is more obvious with light beer? Of course, they're heavier to carry to the beach though!
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This beer would be perfect if you can find it: Barbell Brew
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I recommend you go Totally Naked!

One of my Beers of choice for the summer..it is 150 calories

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/new-glarus-totally-naked-extra-pale-lager/9165/82d17mtqb4vo.jpg
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Corona Light.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Mich Ultra, but just tried Amstel Light (also 95 cals) and it's really good. More beer-y. I few more carbs, but worth it.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I recommend you go Totally Naked!

One of my Beers of choice for the summer..it is 150 calories

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/new-glarus-totally-naked-extra-pale-lager/9165/82d17mtqb4vo.jpg

Note that you can only buy this in the great state of Wisconsin.

Honestly I think it's worth it to save up the calories for "real" beer, but Corona isn't bad.
  • FlyingA
    FlyingA Posts: 7 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Bell's Oarsman Ale is my favorite new summer beachy beer! 120 calories of delicious. Except dangerous because I could drink that stuff all day...
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I like Amstel Light.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Our favorite is Bud Light. I think that is why my husband loves me so much. I am cheap and easy. :wink:
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Light beer is a bad word to me. I prefer Yuengling Newcastle and Dos Equis
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great post! I love beer. amstel light, heineken light, pure blonde, export 33. pity we can't get totally naked in NewZealand :neutral:
  • BettyEtte
    BettyEtte Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Miller 64. I've gotten used to it...
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I second the Corona light. With lime.
  • justinlrhodes989
    justinlrhodes989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I prefer Bud Light which has a whopping 110 calories per 12 ounces ; however, Budweiser has 145 calories for 12 ounces. So not really that much less. I agree with above just save up your calories and drink what you want. I always preplan my drinks. Enjoy!!!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Dixie Jazz
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    If you like good quality beer, stick with something with a low ABV - I'm enjoying a lovely Gose tonight at 120 calories per bottle.
  • Anabug81
    Anabug81 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Corona Light!
  • Ryguy08
    Ryguy08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't like many light beers, but I LOVE Sam Adams light.