weight loss surgery

Options
I Just had weight loss surgery 3 weeks ago. I use this app to keep track of my intake and protein. Wish this app was a little more bariatric friendly. Anybody else have the surgery too? How has this app helped you. Any tips?

Replies

• lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you upgrade to premium you can change things to suit you better? I don't have premium so I don't know how it works though :/
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by "bariatric friendly"?
  • dablondy1
    dablondy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had surgery too u can try baritastic I think it's called u can friend me
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    you can adjust your goals to add more protein and less carbs - so you can actually use the tracker the way it was intended. I have mine set at 35% protein, 35% carbs and 30% fat... I don't have quite the stringent protein requirements as you - I had the lap-band about ten years ago. Lost 100 lbs then. Back here to lose the rest, now.
  • biggal1281
    biggal1281 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    By "bariatric friendly" I mean this app doesn't let you complete your daily entry. I am only eating very little which the surgery intended and it keeps telling me I am not eating enough calories and won't let me complete my entry as well as it is hard to put in portion sizes when I am eating very little.
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I had a VSG in 2012 & have been using MFP since then. I generally use the desktop version. I think it's more user friendly as far as entering recipes & my own foods than my phone app. You can adjust both your daily calorie goals as well as your macros. You do not have to complete your daily entries. It will still save all your data for the day. The only thing you don't get is the completely useless 5 week weight estimation. It can take time to build up your food list in grams. I do wish that was the default. I just search until I find one so & then divide to get my correct portion. If there isn't one, I create a new food entry. I think it's a fabulous app for bariatric patients.
  • heyitsdeb
    heyitsdeb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 6 wks out from the sleeve and have not started logging yet so I am trying to use this app because you can use it on a desk top as well as your mobile device