Starting again

Options
Hi, after a holiday of pizza, pasta, wine and cocktails - I need to kick start the healthy living plan. Plenty of encouragement needed, but I think I'm in the zone to do it. Anyone else recovered after an indulgent holiday?

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Back on the horse! Sit straight in the saddle! Learn how to 'post' when trotting...when the pace changes, you have to adjust your posture. What plan are you on? Are you using one of the 'standard' approaches, or your own hybrid?

I never thought of the 4th of July as a 'holiday weekend' to recover from, like Thanksgiving, but I guess plenty of us get over-served at family gatherings, BBQs, pool parties, etc. It's as simple as eating well now, today, this meal, planning the next meal.

Add me if you like, and I will help any way I can
  • carolinealder245
    carolinealder245 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks vikinglander
    Just doing my own plan for the first month - workouts at home plus 10,000 steps/ day and limiting calories.
    Yes you're right it's those celebrations that catch us out! Thanks for the support already. How do I add you? ( can't remember)
  • dablondy1
    dablondy1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes started over today
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Me too, I was doing so well (on maintenance, actually) but over the last two months have been dealing with being laid off at work, stress about finding and starting a new job, busy with kids' summer activities, visits from relatives, heat wave... I have officially fallen off the wagon. Have been tracking my food every day, but am over on my calories almost daily and have gained 3 pounds. Got to get back on the horse before it gets out of hand!
  • carolinealder245
    carolinealder245 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can do it Joolie. Sometimes you just need that trigger to get you back in the zone. My friend tried on my swim shorts and they fell straight off her (even when fastened). That image was my trigger. So day one and I'm pumped. Good luck
  • xSJBx
    xSJBx Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Caroline, I am back on the wagon ready for fitting into a wedding dress! Also needing plenty of encouragement :)
  • heitea
    heitea Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey, I'm ready to start again after a bit of indulgence over the holiday, too! Also ^^ I'm in the same boat as xSJBx....need to fit into a wedding dress and also needing encouragement!

Yesterday, my mindset felt amazing. I was very stressed out after seeing some photos of myself that were taken over the 4th...so instead of feeling too sorry for myself, my fiancé suggested that I go for a run. I put down my huge plate of pasta and went for a run instead! I'm just looking to lose those last 12-15lbs now, but it's so hard.