Dumped because I'm fat and ugly.

Options
After 3 years he decided he can do better. I need to lose weight, not for him but for me. I can't say I blame him because I hate how I look in the mirror.

I also need to have surgery in 3 months and need to lose enough weight before it would even be possible to do. I struggle to do it alone. Im hoping there might be some people who have a lot to lose too who would like to be accountable to each other.

I have 100 lbs to lose altogether but I need to lose about 28 lbs in 3 months

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    You might be interested in this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/37127336#Comment_37127336

Most of these people have more weight to lose than you do, but I am sure they would be welcoming!

Good luck, and congratulations on starting your journey.
  • Chris_cairns80
    Chris_cairns80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Since he dumped me on tuesday last week I've lost 5lbs but thats because I haven't really been eating much. Now I know I need to start of any weight loss is just going to go straight back on.
  • 143tobe
    143tobe Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hey you! I started at 218, and am now 157, but although I'm not exactly where you are right now, I have been there. I also do all my weight loss in blocks of 3 months. I have found that breaking up the weight loss into bite size chunks is soo much better than just having this huge mountain of a number to overcome. You can totally do this, and screw him. You are gorgeous and your next guy is going to be so much hotter than he ever was. Add me if you would like some support. I would be more than happy to share the methods I've used to drop my weight, especially in the beginning when I had so much fat clogging me up internally I could hardly breath. So glad you joined MFP! It's been an amazingly helpful tool in my weight loss journey, utilize it, the people in it, and it will surely help you meet your goal. I'm so sorry for your recent heartache. You're going to get through this, stronger than you were before. <3
  • chrislo2691
    chrislo2691 Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    The best reason to lose weight is for you. I will say this, I have had a couple of partners who were larger. That did not bother me and it has never been a reason not to be with someone. I have always accepted them as the were, though they were unhappy with the way they looked, had they wanted to lose weight I would have done the best I could to help them.
    You have a great opportunity with an important target to get started, grab it with both hands and go for it.
    So you need to lose about 2lb a week. tell us what you struggle with.
  • Chris_cairns80
    Chris_cairns80 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have 3 young kids and sometimes when I'm making their dinner ill pick without even noticing. I don't really look after myself very well because I'm too busy making sure my kids are happy. Im now very limited to the exercise I can do and I really don't have the confidence to go into the swimming pool. The exercise I love is horse riding and cycling. Im planning on starting running again too
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry this happened to you.
    Please don't be so hard on yourself. Yeah you may be over weight but you can change that! Your not ugly and will find someone else. Your in the right place! Chin up- because you can do better!
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    He is obviously not worth your time. You are beautiful.
  • jcardosi75
    jcardosi75 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend
  • BarbellzNBrotein
    BarbellzNBrotein Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    *kitten* him. If he can't accept you as is then trust me, his not worth your time. It's better to end things now before a child is involved. You look great.
  • BreannaB823
    BreannaB823 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Add me!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    what a jerk! Lose the weight for yourself and your health, 100% not for shallow jerk faces!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    that was probably best 200 lbs(or whatever he weighs) you will ever lose. take care of yourself, lose the weight,get a nice guy, show him. We will help you
  • anaees
    anaees Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    He is obviously a waste of space. You are beautiful and you are on to better things! Good luck on your journey.
  • clau9734
    clau9734 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel I'm sorry u went through that.
  • lisahebert186
    lisahebert186 Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. You are obviously so much better off without him. I have quite the journey myself. Please add me and we can work at it together.
  • Amrik10
    Amrik10 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    YOU will move onto better things. He is a loser.Obviously a coward making excuses. All you need to do is focus on your health and then you will feel happy and beautiful inside and out. So let's get this done for a better you!!!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    ^ What everyone above me said. Be a good role model for your kids, take care of yourself while you care for them, and I guarantee you that in a short time you will be so proud of yourself for starting this journey as the pounds come off, and you can be more active with your kids.

Your ex is a coward for using weight as an excuse. Good riddance to him I say.