Snacks: Easy Healthy Almond Butter Recipes?

Options
SaraMA1
SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
HELP! I'm having a serious Peanut Butter craving, but am watching my calories and fat.
Does anyone have any easy, healthy recipes made with almond butter to pass along?!
Thanks!

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Couldn't you just substitute Almond Butter for Peanut Butter? I never really liked peanut butter, but I do eat almond butter, mostly with sliced apple, or topped on a protein pancake.
  • LAURAleem2112
    LAURAleem2112 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you drink protein shakes; if you do you might add powdered peanut butter. Lower in fat & calories.
    I use Organic PB fit by betterbodyfoods. Costco (west coast) started carrying it, and Super supplements & Vitamin Shoppe has it in larger containers too.
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    Thanks! I will look for that.
  • kirstenb13
    kirstenb13 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Almond butter and peanut butter are almost identical in respect to fat and calories (all nut butters really)? There is no point in replacing one with the other I think. PB2/other powdered pb is your best bet if you can't make the real thing fit.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    This^^^ they basically have the same calories. If you want to get extremely technical, almond butter may have less due to its fiber content...but that's getting technical. They're basically the same calorically
  • lcohen11
    lcohen11 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Agreed- pb2 is best alternative if you're looking to lower fat intake. However, almond butter is a great source of healthy and filling fat and is extremely easy to make. If you have a food processor, just process roasted or raw almonds for several minutes until it becomes a paste. It will release its own natural oil and become smooth, the longer your process it.
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    Awesome guys, I appreciate it. I try to follow a mostly Paleo diet, so that is where the almond butter comes in, however, I may try this PB2 powder. I was looking at it online, not bad... There is added sugar though?
  • Rachael_789
    Rachael_789 Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Almond/peanut butter spread on top of I rice cake with either banana or strawberries on top
  • oliverngus
    oliverngus Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    These are great (and my hubby who is a pb and chocolate maniac loves them) . . . I did eliminate the coconut and they were just as good :).

S0.25 cup, Oil - Vegetable, coconut
    • 3 Tbsp, Flaxseed, Ground Organic
    • 1 tsp, Leavening agents, baking powder, low-sodium
    • 1 cup(s), Old Fashioned Oats
    • 0.25 tsp, Salt
    • 0.75 cup(s), Almond Butter, Crunchy
    • 0.25 cup, Dried Tart Cherries
    • 1 Banana (101g), Medium 6"
    • 0.25 cup(s), Local Honey
    • 0.50 cup(s), Chocolate Chips Semisweet

Link to recipe as well: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/recipe/view/229806132956781
  • SaraMA1
    Options
    That sounds yummy Oliverngus!
    Thank you, I may try these this weekend!
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I love pb and banana ice cream.
    One banana ( frozen)
    One tbsp pb or almond butter
    In your food processor until creamy
    So good on a hot summer day!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    SaraMA1 wrote: »
    Awesome guys, I appreciate it. I try to follow a mostly Paleo diet, so that is where the almond butter comes in, however, I may try this PB2 powder. I was looking at it online, not bad... There is added sugar though?

I buy peanut flour because I don't like added sugar or salt in it.

73nh0guvulby.jpg

• SaraMA1
    Options
    Flour? Now that is something I'm going to try, I had never seen that before, it seems like a genius idea, thanks!
  • jeebieheebies
    jeebieheebies Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I spread it on a piece of whole wheat bread, and top it with some berries (strawberries or blueberries). I use 1 slice (90 cal) with 15g almond butter (90 cal) and about 10 cal worth of fruit. It is very satiating!

As other people have said though, the makeup of peanut butter and almond butter is almost identical, except the latter is a lot more expensive, hahah. Peanut flour is amazing and I second that suggestion

(ugh, left a recipe for spring rolls dipped in peanut sauce but I put an emoji and the last part cut off after I posted. But google "Vietnamese spring rolls" and try using a dipping sauce made with peanut butter and hot water!)