Body measurements: where?

Options
I'm not seeing consistent progess on the scale, but I feel like my body is different (if that makes sense). I'd like to start taking measurements and would like to know what to measure. I'm guessing bust, waist, and hips... anything else? And re: waist and hips, natural waist or belly button? How do I find my hips?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You could measure wherever you want, most people do the bust - natural waist and hips. But you could measure thighs and arms too if you wanted
    Your natural waist is the narrowest point, above your hip bones. You can find diagrams online to be sure your measuring correctly.
    Write everything down and measure again in a couple months to see the difference
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if it can be measured on my body ... i measure it LOL

neck, bust, midriff, waist, hips, calf, thighs and arms.

i think thats all .... lolol
  • spring913
    spring913 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I measure - bust, upper arm, waist, hips, thigh and calf.
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I use a phone app called "Body mApp - Body tracker" by Silver Knight Corp. It tells you what and where to measure, plus keeps the history of your progress. I don't know if it available for Android, but if not, I am sure there is something like it. I hope it helps!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    • chest
    • hips (around the largest part of your butt)
    • waist (smallest section of torso, between bottom of ribs and hip bones)
    • waist (across navel)
    • thigh
    • calf
    • ankle
    • upper arm/bicep
    • forearm
    • wrist
    • neck
    • shoulders
  • cecsav1
    cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I found an app. Thank you
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    cecsav1 wrote: »
    I found an app. Thank you

You can also log your measurements on this app - same place where you log your weight...
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    biceps thighs calves feet neck head chest waist hips
  • cecsav1
    Options
    I tried that, but it doesn't tell me where to measure.
  • Bxqtie116
    Bxqtie116 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I measure my waist (both natural and belly button), hips, thighs, upper arms, and calves.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Under My Home --> Check-In you can add measurements if wanted. MFP keeps track of neck, abdomen and hip measurements.
  • AussiePeach
    AussiePeach Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I measure my neck, bust, smallest part of my waist, navel, and around the largest part of my bottom
  • cecsav1
    Options
    @Ready2Rock206 and @xvolution, you can track on here, but it doesn't tell you where to measure. I downloaded Fitstream.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    @Ready2Rock206 and @xvolution, you can track on here, but it doesn't tell you where to measure. I downloaded Fitstream.

In the Check-In tab there should be a link that says "Track Additional Measurements". You can add whatever you want to measure there and it'll show up in the Check-In tab along with the weight measurement.
  • cecsav1
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'd like to start taking measurements and would like to know what to measure. I'm guessing bust, waist, and hips... anything else? And re: waist and hips, natural waist or belly button? How do I find my hips?

@xvolution True, but I was asking WHAT to measure. Thanks, though. :)