Need a new running app

Options
Hey guys! My name is Breanna, and for a week now I've been using the app called run keeper but it has been deleting my progress in the middle of my runs. Do you guys know any good apps where I can see how far I traveled and how many calories burned??

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Run Keeper? Is something hitting your phone and turning off the app? Or is it losing the GPS signal? Android or iPhone?
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Mapmyrun? (Sorry, I don't run with an app, I prefer my Garmin Forerunner.....the GPS tends to be more accurate and it tracks heart rate, elevation,cycling cadence etc....)
  • lisalewis7588
    lisalewis7588 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use Strava and I have never had any issues. It tracks pace, distance, elevation. It compares to your previous efforts. It's simple and intuitive. It syncs with MFP too if you like that functionality.
  • BreannaB823
    BreannaB823 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you!!
  • curlsintherack
    curlsintherack Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    strava, runtastic, map my run, and I've heard zombies run is fun but I haven't tried that.

I use runkeeper to back up my watch.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    I've also had good luck with Strava... but there are a ton of these kinds of aps out there. Try a few and see what works with your device in your area.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I've been using mapmyrun with only one issue: it and the Firefox browser don't play well together. On my Android, though, it's been great. Good luck!
  • 2metraninja
    2metraninja Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    "Nike+" works good for me. It also have social part, so you can add friends and compare/inspire each-other.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I use a mixture of Strava and Training Peaks.

The thing about Strava is they have Segments that are user generated so you can push yourself against a virtual leader board of everyone who has crossed that segment so you can push yourself w/o having someone standing next to you.

Endomondo works decently well. But like others mentioned see what works for you the best. Don't be afraid to try out a couple different apps.
  • legends96
    legends96 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! My name is Breanna, and for a week now I've been using the app called run keeper but it has been deleting my progress in the middle of my runs. Do you guys know any good apps where I can see how far I traveled and how many calories burned??

Nike has free app, and works well.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    walk meter is usually very good...tho, sometimes it is off by .10 of a mile...not sure why..then, it does ok ...map my walk and Starva are solid