Why is my projected weight higher since adding water?

Options
edennapple
edennapple Posts: 5 Member
I know the projected weight doesn't mean much, but I'm just curious:

My projected weight was 121.8 and when I added my water it went up to 123.5??

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi
    welcome to MFP
    do not pay attention to the projected weight. There are just too many variables.
    read MFP Most helpful post at the beginning of this message board
    Buy yourself a food scale, weigh all food you ingest it, log it at MFP
    if you eat at a deficit ( calories burned higher than calories ingested), your body weight will decrease
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    They probably add it because water weighs something too [2 pounds per liter], but don't worry about it since the body usually sheds water weight easily.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    If you're talking about the "You'd weigh ______ in 5 weeks" projection you get when you finish your daily food entries, that projection changes each day and is based SOLEY on your deficit for that day. Have a larger deficit, today, and your projected weight will be lower. But if your deficit is smaller, tomorrow, (or if you forgot to log something and add it into today's log) then the projected weight will be higher.

I haven't tried seeing if there was a difference before or after adding my water, but I wouldn't put it past them to toss that into the estimate, too.

Generally, if you stick to the original math, your deficit averages out to whatever you planned for, and you log accurately, you should be on track to reach your original target.