TOM-Something weird!

Options
So, I usually gain a ton of weight during this time... Well, I started this morning and I weight 2lbs LESS than I did yesterday! This is possibly the weirdest thing that's ever happened to me. How could this be? And is it normal for my cramps to get way worse the closer I get to my goal weight?

Replies

• Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, it changes your cycle. I was on an oral BC that worked great for me for over a year and had to change it in the last few months because my weight loss changed my balance somehow. It's frustrating, but just take it as another sign of how much you are changing your body :)
  • outwiththeoldinwiththenew
    Options
    I had the same experience. I actually weigh every Tuesday and was afraid to weigh last week because it was the day before TOM and I had lost 3.5 pounds in a week. I agree with the above post that weight loss changes everything about your body. Congrats on the loss!
  • McghanK
    McghanK Posts: 120
    Options
    When you loose weight or when you excercise a lot more than you were before your cycle will change and sometimes even stop. I know weird right? Hey that's a woman's body for ya ;)!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Most people find that they both retain less water coming up to TOM and lose it more quickly as they get to a healthy weight. This is both because you are eating better and because you are carrying less fat(the extra fat screws up your hormones). Don't see why your cramps would be worse unless your electrolytes are off or you're dehydrated though.
  • perne11
    perne11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Since I started losing weight, I always seem to weight less during my TOM. I too think it's weird, but the weight stays off, so I'm not complaining!!
  • TammyLanham
    TammyLanham Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I weighed less this month, too AND my cramps were awful, awful.... much worse than in the past.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow it looks like we all have the same thing going on. Glad I'm not the only one! I was getting kinda freaked out thinking my scale was broken! I was so close to go out and buy a new one! With my 2 pound drop I am not a normal weight, not overweight anymore! I'm so happy my body is getting healthier and responding well to my TOM. Thank you guys so much for sharing. At least I know nothing is broken now! And congrats to all of you on your weight loss! I'm hoping as long as I chug water today the cramping will subside just a tiny bit =]