Measuring Scrambled Eggs

Options
dmest
dmest Posts: 98 Member
I often make scrambled eggs for the whole family but when I serve myself I'm kind of guessing on how much of what I've made would be equal to one egg. Does anyone know a better way to measure this? I'd like to either measure ounces on a food scale or scoop it into a measuring cup, but I have no idea what would equal to approximately one egg. Thanks!

Replies

• garysgirl719
    garysgirl719 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My best guess would be that you should scramble one egg by itself and measure it. Then you will have something to use as a benchmark.
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Weigh all the eggs. If you want one egg divide the weight by how many eggs you originally used.

For example, if you put 4 eggs in the pan and the cooked eggs weigh 200 grams, portion out 50 grams for yourself.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Weigh all the eggs. If you want one egg divide the weight by how many eggs you originally used.

For example, if you put 4 eggs in the pan and the cooked eggs weigh 200 grams, portion out 50 grams for yourself.

ditto.
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    I usually cook one-two eggs for myself and then cook some for my husband. He doesn't really like them sunnyside up, but I do, so then I scramble his. this is the easiest way I find. When I do scramble 4 eggs to split with him, I just portion out the eggs evenly until they're gone.
  • dmest
    dmest Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks, great suggestions!