Decided to quit being an "active" couch potato.

Options
I got myself an alarm clock app today and set it up so that it goes off every hour between the hours of 10 am to 10 pm. This reminds me to get off my butt and go out and walk down the hallway and down, and then up a couple of flights of stairs, and then back to my apartment. I made up my mind to do this all day, everyday now.

Replies

• CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    That will rack up some steps, for sure! Nice plan! :)
  • ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've got a reminder set on my computer at work for this same reason! If I didn't, the day would fly by and I'd barely stand up. I find that it really helps.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    My fitbit Alta has an hourly reminder to get up and move, and get up and move I do :lol:
  • StuDuza
    StuDuza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea!! I can sit and play fb games all day....so I deleted my fb account (sigh)
  • Christine_72
    Options
    StuDuza wrote: »
    Thats a great idea!! I can sit and play fb games all day....so I deleted my fb account (sigh)

I deleted my Faceache account too, I come on here instead now :smiley:
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    I read my online stuff while walking up and down my hall. Books, too.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    CoachJen71 wrote: »

Lol I'm walking right now as I'm typing this. I can sit on my butt while reading the interwebz or i can get up and walk and read at the same. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

• CoachJen71
    Options

Lol I'm walking right now as I'm typing this. I can sit on my butt while reading the interwebz or i can get up and walk and read at the same. Kill 2 birds with one stone.

I have to stop and type. Just can't walk and type for some reason! LOL
  • Christine_72
    Options

I have to stop and type. Just can't walk and type for some reason! LOL

I've been doing it for 2 years, so got a pretty good rythym going now. You may however notice that the majority of my posts are edited because I'm more prone to typos when I'm walking and typing lol
    I have broken 2 different toes by banging into *kitten* when I'm walking and reading, I'm just a klutz in general though.

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Great idea, OP!
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    My autocorrect hates me, especially when I am walking. Makes me sound like a 3 year swiped my tablet. :P
  • Christine_72
    Options
    My autocorrect hates me, especially when I am walking. Makes me sound like a 3 year swiped my tablet. :P

Haha yes, this is precisely why i have auto correct turned off. It's a very untrustworthy bit of technology.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    You should get The Rock Clock app to do this. It's an extreme alarm clock created by The Rock. Very...motivational. You can set up projects to get done too.
  • StuDuza
    StuDuza Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    StuDuza wrote: »

I deleted my Faceache account too, I come on here instead now :smiley:

Same here..This is my new social site..lol