Plateau

Options
karenrabik
karenrabik Posts: 1 Member
What happens when you hit a plateau and you haven't lost any weight in a month? To date I have lost 21 lbs since January 4, 2017. I am recording my eating and exercise. Doing elliptical 5 days a week, increasing level and minutes. I am keeping calories in line with exercise.

How can I lose my last nine lbs? Stumped and a bit defeated!

Replies

• JessCozzak585
    JessCozzak585 Posts: 4 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It sounds like your body is getting used to your cardio routine, even though you're raising intensity. I would suggest a little weight lifting! It is a wonderful and fun way to not only sculpt, but also get those last couple of lbs out of the way! You'll find the elliptical will become even easier. Changing up the type of cardio you do may also help. Good luck <3<3
  • missemmibelle
    missemmibelle Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Do you have a heart monitor to estimate calories burned or are you relying on MFP's estimates?

Some people find that MFP overestimates calorie burn so eating back all of those calories may be sabotaging you... as will underestimating calories taken in. Even with a HR monitor, I usually only eat back half.

The last five are the hardest so a switch up in your cardio routine may be just the thing to break the plateau.

Grats on your success thus far!