New To MFP... sort of

Options
Sharon3397
Sharon3397 Posts: 2 Member
I joined in 2014 but never really did anything with it for numerous reasons (excuses). And now that Mother Nature has her "menopausal death grip" on me, I find myself gaining weight faster than ever. I've gained approx. 40 lbs since entering this stage of my life 3 years ago, at age 45. Nothing has changed for me in regards to my diet and exercise habits but the pounds have steadily stacked up. I'm now at 216#, the heaviest I've ever been in my entire life - heavier that I was even at 9 months pregnant. I have been moody, aggressive, unattractive, and sluggish and I DO NOT LIKE IT! So here I am, back on MFP, hoping to make a desperately needed change. I read a past post from a person who basically said "record your habits for a few days, make any little change to the positive, and see what happens." Sounds like a great place to start so here goes...

Encouraging friendships welcome.

Replies

• JeanLaw131
    JeanLaw131 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am also menopausal and the heaviest I've ever been. I about fell over at the doctor's office after being weighed. I then learned my cholesterol was way too high. That was the turning point for me!

I started my healthy living journey in May and have lost 15 lbs so far and feel soo much better. You can do this!!!
  • alsmomma
    alsmomma Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I could have written Sharon 3397's post almost word-for-word! I just reactivated my MyFitnessPal account this morning and am still trying to figure out the best type of program/diet for me. I'd love to know what you've been doing since May.
    Good for you! I am also menopausal and the heaviest I've ever been. I about fell over at the doctor's office after being weighed. I then learned my cholesterol was way too high. That was the turning point for me!

I started my healthy living journey in May and have lost 15 lbs so far and feel soo much better. You can do this!!!

• JeanLaw131
    Options
    Weighing and measuring everything I eat. Walking at least 35 minutes 6 days a week. Logging my food accurately and having a calorie deficit every day. Cut out processed food. That's basically it.
  • JeanLaw131
    Options
    Oh, and lots of water!
  • kmidash
    kmidash Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Count me in on Momma Natures carnival ride. Some good will come of it, but this whole chunky thing is tough. Back on MFP wagon, when I checked in (its been about a year)- I was back to my original #'s, uggg, could be worse. Would love like minded "flashing" 40's friends... the struggle is real!
  • Sharon3397
    Sharon3397 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks, ladies, for your comments. The struggle is definitely real and its been very difficult to get started. Its always easier to accomplish things like this when someone is going through it with you.