20-pound weight loss challenge by September 16- are you 50 plus? Let's cheer each other on!

Options
dlg50
dlg50 Posts: 3 Member
I have packed on the pounds from sitting in a cubicle all day for the past 6 years. Recently got laid off and have already lost 6 pounds just from not sitting all day. I'm 54 and just want to get back to a healthy weight again! I was never over 140 pounds and usually maintained 130 weight until my mid 40's when I started sitting all day. :'( Just started logging my food again and this time I mean it! No more cubicle jobs for me either! September 16th goal weigh is 180.

Replies

• vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    I have lost 24 pounds since February, and I need to stay the course. I will target September 30 for another 20 lb. loss.
    I'm sending you a FR...add me and let's DO this!
  • dlg50
    Options
    That's great! Yes, I need motivation and accountability and to stop just talking about it. lol.
  • robbinbrooks65
    robbinbrooks65 Posts: 5 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Need motivation and accountability here also!!!
  • dlg50
    Options
    Even if I don't meet my goal, I plan on getting on here every day to log what I eat/do. I think that may be the first step toward accountability. I definitely ate less today and yesterday, because I knew I had to log it. And, I think by getting others involved, we also feel responsibility to keep trying. :)
  • vlmtd
    vlmtd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wohoo.. im new to this and need you and you and you..
    please please
  • NicoleBurgoz
    NicoleBurgoz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Does age 45 count? :smile:
  • starbucks41
    starbucks41 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me too I'm recommitting to 20lb loss by Sept 15! I'm 45 and need the accountability!
  • NicoleBurgoz
    NicoleBurgoz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    @starbucks41 , wanna join forces? :smile:
    Tried to send a message, but MFP is hiccuping,...
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and have dropped 65 pounds since I started on here..

zv0rleoptuk0.jpg
  • hustlahoney7
    hustlahoney7 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I wanna try and lose 20lbs by sept! It's much needed I've packed on lbs although I'm under 50.
  • christareid28
    christareid28 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in, let's do this
  • funessa1010
    funessa1010 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is the exact goal I had set for myself earlier this week, so I am all in! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • cleopatra1908
    cleopatra1908 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Please share some tips.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Hi--I'm about to be 43, and my goal is to lose 20 lbs. I'd love to have accountability buddies!
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 53. I'ld live to join your goal. I'm in.
  • kmidash
    kmidash Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    46 & counting, 50 if we round up :) .... count me in, I am back after a year off- should say up..... Would love like minded friends!!!
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. My honeymoon is in September and I'm trying to get some of this weight off me. I've lost 3lbs so far so technically 17lbs to go
  • HokieBrad
    HokieBrad Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and have lost 19 so far since being here. Have another 26 to go to meet my initial target. Would love all the support and motivation I can get. And your right, logging every mouthful of food has made me more accountable to myself.
  • eileenpschneider
    eileenpschneider Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in! Just started today!
  • shukrah2016
    shukrah2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    starting today too, please add me