Kickboxing question

Options
This might sound silly. Sorrrrryyyy. I wear my phone on me all day as it tracks my steps & my jogs. If I'm doing a cardio class like kickboxing, would you wear your phone on you or just add the exercise in the exercise tab? Hope that made sense

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    This might sound silly. Sorrrrryyyy. I wear my phone on me all day as it tracks my steps & my jogs. If I'm doing a cardio class like kickboxing, would you wear your phone on you or just add the exercise in the exercise tab? Hope that made sense

I have a FitBit that clips nicely onto my bra. I wouldn't wear a cell phone for a kickboxing class, I'd be worried about it getting trashed. I've been teamed up with some pretty sloppy punchers/kickers.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Add it later. You'll likely trash your phone if the kbox class has you throwing kicks hard and it goes flying.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kenziedriscoll
    kenziedriscoll Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Ahh *kitten* thanks! I didn't even think about ruining my phone, I was more or less worried about it calculating steps correctly for that kind of work out. I don't have a Fitbit yet but SOON!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Ahh *kitten* thanks! I didn't even think about ruining my phone, I was more or less worried about it calculating steps correctly for that kind of work out. I don't have a Fitbit yet but SOON!

You don't need one of those fancy heart rate ones. I have a Zip (bottom of the line) and find it is pretty accurate (based on my calorie intake and amount lost). If anything it underestimates a bit.
  • kenziedriscoll
    kenziedriscoll Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Right on thanks!!
  • bketchum1981
    bketchum1981 Posts: 130 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

You don't need one of those fancy heart rate ones. I have a Zip (bottom of the line) and find it is pretty accurate (based on my calorie intake and amount lost). If anything it underestimates a bit.
    Totally agree with wearing the zip on my bra. I clip it on my bra when I get out of the shower and wear it there (most days) all day. Keeps me motivated!