What do you make with cauliflower?

Options

Replies

• sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Cut it into florets, add a light batter, bake it then add a General Tso-type sauce for a version of General Tso's "chicken" (also use same florets with buffalo sauce, sesame sauce, BBQ, etc.. )

• snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I made this over the weekend, I rarely use Turmeric: http://www.forksoverknives.com/recipes/cauliflower-breakfast-scramble/

It was delicious!
  • CrittaHipHop
    CrittaHipHop Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mix in egg, pepper and salt (to taste), and put it into a waffle maker. Takes about 10 minutes to cook and its delicious. May even use a little ranch dressing powder to flavor up a little.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Cauliflower, Brocolli, red onion, feta fritter

This, on the other hand, sounds delicious!
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Cauliflower, Brocolli, red onion, feta fritter

Oh this sounds so yummy :o

It's kind of based on this TBH but I always adapt recipes and I thought it was nicer with half a pack of feta cheese ....I don't use ghee and found that if you spray a tin and pop it in the oven until cooked and top crispy it's delicious ...I add small chopped red onion raw to the mixture and stuff
    Haven't made it for ages TBH

http://eatdrinkpaleo.com.au/cauliflower-broccoli-halloumi-fritters/

It freezes well

This was my ingredients last time I logged it on MFP
    1 egg, Eggs
    850 g, Cauliflower - Raw
    300 g, Brocolli
    0.50 Medium, Onion Red Raw
    200 g, Authentic Feta
    25 grams, Coconut Flour
    61 g, Two Chicks Egg White

Made 6 slices at 183 calories each, served with a big salad it's a light but filling meal
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I made a delicious cauliflower soup by cooking a head of it in chicken stock until tender then pureeing until smooth and adding a can of condensed cheese soup. It was very low calorie and really good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I love mashed cauliflower, I just use some table blend spices and some laughing cow or cream cheese.

Otherwise, just roasted. Cauliflower rice is fine too but it just doesn't do it as a rice supplement so it's just too much work when I could just steam some cauliflower.

I second cauliflower tots though, they're delicious (same for zucchini tots).
  • Fursian
    Fursian Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    This all sounds pretty delicious! Honestly never gave it a go. Thanks for all these tips everyone! :smile:
  • carolynensanchez
    carolynensanchez Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I make some buffalo cauliflower bites! Jenna Marbles (and her boyfriend Julien) made a video explaining how to make them :)
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My MIL just steams (I nuke it) it, and then melts butter until it is browned (that is the trick - has to be browned but not burnt) - and then pours it over the top. That taste is NOT like melted butter - it's some exotic kind of taste that is super yummy. And I'm not talking like a whole stick of butter. :)
  • ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I do my Buffalo Cauliflower Bites in the oven, but definitely use Frank's wing sauce. I was surprised to discover other hot sauces can pack quite the calorie count.

Tonight, I chopped up a head of cauliflower, added diced onion and zucchini, and made a "cheese" sauce by blending a can of drained cannellini beans, a mashed sweet potato, some garlic powder, a bit of Dijon mustard, nooch (about half of a cup), and some cashew milk to thin it out. Mixed it all together and am baking it - I can't wait to taste it!

I love the versatility of cauliflower!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/mock-garlic-mashed-potatoes-recipe.html I love this one. Really gotta squeeze the moisture out though or its watery. . I've also roasted it for this instead of boiled it came out even better.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bake it until soft with some hot siracha sauce
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Why go to so much trouble to "make" something with it? Just eat it.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I like buffalo cauliflower bites, raw cauliflower, and also roasting it with a vidalia onion, olive oil, garlic, salt, black pepper, and a little red pepper...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

@TonyB0588 Because sometimes we like foods prepared in different ways or mixed with other ingredients? Some of the recipes here look pretty great. If you only eat your cauliflower raw I'd say you're missing out!
  • sarahkreuz643
    sarahkreuz643 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I buy the cauliflower rice from trader joes. it's an amazing substitute for rice. try it !
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I toss the florets with minced garlic and olive oil then bake until golden brown. It's the only way I like cauliflower and it's delicious. I've tried some of the mock other foods made with cauliflower. :sick:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    TonyB0588 wrote: »

ummm...cos that is the point of food .. no? I mean we 'make' something with every ingredient / food .. it's called cooking
  • fitgoals23
    fitgoals23 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice is super easy and a great low-cal substitute for rice/grains/pasta. Here's a recipe: http://minimalistbaker.com/how-to-make-cauliflower-rice/