Help?How many calories should I be eating?

Options
em030
em030 Posts: 11 Member
Hey y'all!
I'm 26
5'1
186 lbs
Goal weight 120

How many calories should I be eating everyday? Y'all who are good at knowing all about calories , help a girl out

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    This calculator will calculate all of that for you when you put your stats in and select a rate of loss target.
  • Dannigreen31
    Dannigreen31 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Have you typed the info in your app? It usually tells you how much you should be eating. I'm on 1500 but I'm 5'8 and only want to lose 7 pounds so it will be different for you
    As long as it's at least 1200. Women rnt supposed to eat under that
    Also it depends on how much exercise you are gonna do
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This calculator will calculate all of that for you when you put your stats in and select a rate of loss target.

This^^ Did you bypass MFP's calculator? Go back to the beginning.
  • doittoitgirl
    doittoitgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im 5'1 as well. Since we are short and have a large weight loss goal mfp will most likely tell you around 1200-1300 calories a day depending on how active you are on a daily basis and your goals. I sit most of the day at my job and exercise 3-4 times a week. Mfp said 1250 is what i should be eating to lose 1lb a week but i found it was a little too restrictive for me to stick to so I've been doing 1350-1500 a day and still losing about 1lb a week.
  • ashleegolding
    ashleegolding Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    By entering all of your details into My Fitness Pal you will be given an estimate of how many calories you should be eating based on the information you have entered. If it didn't work for some reason, go to settings and enter all your details and then check your diary - it will tell you how many calories you should be eating. Bare in mind you will be allowed a minimum of 1,000-1,200 calories per day... Am guessing they'll give you a guideline between 1,300-1,400 considering your height/weight.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    What did MFP tell you that you should eat?
  • em030
    Options
    Im 5'1 as well. Since we are short and have a large weight loss goal mfp will most likely tell you around 1200-1300 calories a day depending on how active you are on a daily basis and your goals. I sit most of the day at my job and exercise 3-4 times a week. Mfp said 1250 is what i should be eating to lose 1lb a week but i found it was a little too restrictive for me to stick to so I've been doing 1350-1500 a day and still losing about 1lb a week.

Yeah I was given 1200 but I felt like that was too little! So I set mine to 1300 I just wanted to make sure I could still lose weight on it! @booksandchocolate12

• em030
    Options
    @doittoitgirl ^ meant to tag you! Not the other person!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't have a problem. MFP is designed that you eat that for your base and then you eat back exercise
    calories. So on a lazy day, 1200, and on an active day, 1400. It evens out. I'm 5'2" and older than you, and can lose on 1600 when I'm really active. Give a go for 6 weeks (there will be fluctuations from day to day and week to week, so you need a longer data set), and reevaluate if it's working the way you want.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I also highly recommend the sticky threads at the top of the getting started and general diet forums. The most helpful posts ones (on each) have a great list of threads to get you started. Pay particular attention to the ones on logging accurately and exercise calories.
  • SugarySweetheart
    SugarySweetheart Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    MFP can calculate it for you, just don't forget to update after checking in and posting the weight loss. MFP will reevaluate your caloric intake after you update and lose 10 pounds.