What does a period feel like?

Options
This sounds kind of weird but I'm curious. I have not had a period in about 4 years due to getting pregnant/nursing 3 times in a row. So any how, I think I may finally get my TOM back but I'm not sure. I have a swollen stomach (can't hold my stomach in well), gained 1 pound, feel achy, tired, ect.. All normal, I think!

Replies

• rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    lol! That sounds about like it!!
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That pretty much describes how I feel today, as well as massive pain shooting from my center into my back. You're really not missing much.
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    yup that sounds about right, i get overheated too and normally am unable to sleep the night before.
    Sore chest is normally another sign its that time.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I get mild cramping right before I start...also migraines - ick!!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yep - sounds like it.
    When it hits I feel like I'm being literally wrung out
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bloated, migraines, irritable.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Bloated, migraines, irritable.
  • julesisslimmer
    Options
    Sounds normal to me.

I feel tired, hot, achy, niggly and pains everywhere (tummy, back and migraine) on first 2 days then I feel like I could rule the world from day 3!

I think I am not normal

What we women have to put up with!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I feel a bit bloated under the belly button, gurgles every once in a while and I get 'sensitive' and by sensitive i mean i will snap and freak out on something small. But when i am on it usually am fine. Be prepared for a heavier or lighter period than what you can remember.
  • rachel0923
    rachel0923 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Mine don't really have any pain or discomfort associated with them. But I do miss those pregnant and nursing days without one!
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Unless you had your first child less than a year after you got your first period, this shouldn't be an issue. I've been getting my periods for over a decade; if they stopped for four years for whatever reason, there's no way I could forget what it's like and what it entails.
  • angryguy77
    angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but my wife tells me it's super fun. So i guess you're in for a treat.
  • DarkOctoberNight
    DarkOctoberNight Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I get bloated, tired, crampy and my joints start to hurt...What you are feeling all seems normal to me. :)
  • Ilovepeppers
    Ilovepeppers Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    So you might think. I was pretty fortunate in that I had no pms/period related ailments prior to the pregnancies (first at 18.) Now for the last couple of days I've been feeling pretty bad. I guess I'm looking to see if these are typical tom issues =)
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    oh the joys of a period...cramps cramps cramps back aches head aches bloating.. pure hell lol
  • TenLaws
    TenLaws Posts: 273
    Options
    Lucky you! Message me if you want gory details. Generally, cramps, feeling fat and bloated (whether you eat healthy or give in to the cravings), headaches, and fatigue are common symptoms. As hard as it may seem, exercise! I go for a run when I get cramps and feel tired. It really helps.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Like days leading up to going into labor...only with a smaller stomach. Lol.

Between pregnancy and nursing, I was period free for two years. I had several months when I THOUGHT it was coming...like I was getting a warning about it coming.
  • muddles100
    muddles100 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've just spent the last two days in tears so there's that too!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I get bloated and irritable.. plus really warm.

The cramps, fatigue and nausea have been taken care of thanks to birth control.. I swear, it's like the wonder drug!

When I wasn't on it though, I was really tried, and had cramps that would start in my stomach, wrap around to my back and down to my tailbone.. it was pure hell! I also would get a bit of nausea if it was really hot out.. also, not fun!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    And unless you've just wrestled with a serial killer, if you have blood running down your leg, that's a sign too. :laugh: