New to Keto

Options
Hi, I just recently started KETO dieting. It's hard getting used to all the meat and cheese and giving up the glorious carbs. I've been limiting myself to 20 carbs per day. Anyway, just looking for an accountability partner to exchange recipes with and support each other along the way.

Replies

• CataThielemann
    CataThielemann Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also on Keto, and also 20 carbs a day.
    I don't eat too much cheese, but I LOVE heavy cream.
    I have a recipe for "mashed potatoes" with bacon, made with cauliflower, and it is great as a soup or a cream.
    The fake mashed potatoes are fantastic with chicken or ribs.
    Let me know what vegetables and/or dairy you like, and I can help you with recipes.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    I suggest you check out the main low carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • astbauhan
    astbauhan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me. I am also starting this week on a restricted carb diet. 30 pounds toose
  • JojoV1977
    JojoV1977 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New to Keto as well. Please add me as I cannot for the life of me figure out how to add you. Thanks!
  • DanJS6
    DanJS6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me too! On again off again the keto bandwagon trying now to stay on it. I lift and run as well.
  • tre770
    tre770 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello.. I am new to Keto to..hope yall dont mind I gonna send friend request to you.
  • efeag0863
    efeag0863 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I am finishing up week one on Keto and would love it if you guys added me! It is always helpful to have people to share recipes with and to help me with accountability
  • ominousdusk
    ominousdusk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just started keto 5 days ago and already lost 4lbs. Looking for more keto friends so add me!
  • Zenwenner
    Zenwenner Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm only on day 2, though. Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • lindswice684
    lindswice684 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6. I am 5'4 138lbs. Not seen the scale move in a few weeks but my clothes are getting bigger, my family has mentioned my progress, and I can see the changes. Keto is amazing! how are you doing? any updates?