Hi everyone. My name is Tobin and I need to lose about 110 pounds.

Options
I'm a trucker and I just went for a D.O.T. physical today as required for my job. I did not pass for the first time in my career. My blood pressure is a little too high and it's probably because I'm too heavy. I can go to the doctor and get a blood pressure med and pass the physical next week, and I'm going to do that, but the weight has to come off. I don't want to have to take that medication. That's why I'm here.

I've heard good things about this place from my pal CoachJen71, and I'm going to give it a shot.

Replies

• roddernation
    roddernation Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Add me to your friends list for shared encouragement and support
  • LosinginJersey
    LosinginJersey Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! We are all here for the same outcome to lose weight and be healthy
  • nancy1465
    nancy1465 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I too have to lose 107 lbs. I have been on here for a month now and lost 14lbs. I love the program but have been committed to logging every day and getting my water intake up. I LOVE my sweets and dont deny myself and I dont exercise yet because of bad knees. There are sooo many encouraging people on here and some great inspiring success stories you should try to read. It really helps knowing you're not alone. You can do itand if you fall we will get you back on your feet but dont leave. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Derek_McC
    Derek_McC Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No problem. I have only been here two weeks and have found some very encouraging people. I have just under 50 still to lose so add me if you like. Just keep logging your food. It is amazing to me how much calories differ in nutrients. I have to watch sodium for instance, and since I have been logging everything I have found that virtually everything I crave is pretty high in it.

Trying to get the calories under control along with the nutrient balance can be challenging, but I am already seeing results.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    So glad you decided to give it a try! *hugs*
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I lost 90lbs so i can relate. It's just about consistency. Eat well, be active and try to be consistent. If you have a bad meal or don't workout when you intended to, just forget about it and make up for it the next day. consistency will lead to success.
  • nikki8412
    nikki8412 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. You can do this. One day at a time.