Total Uncoordination

scarletleavy
scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
edited September 29 in Fitness and Exercise
Anyone else totally uncoordinated? I tried Zumba once and it was so horrible, I apparently have no rhythm and zero coordination to do any combinations moves of any sort. So I'm doing P90x now and today was my first Kenpo workout and oh man it was so so so bad. Total fail on my part. I am so thankful no one was there to see me crash and burn. Is it OK to sub another workout for Kenpo? I was thinking maybe throwing an Insanity workout in its place instead? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    *sigh* I was bad at Zumba too. :sad:
  • JannineOwen
    JannineOwen Posts: 92 Member
    i'm terrible at zumba or anything else that requires coordination but its fun trying ;)
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Anyone else totally uncoordinated? I tried Zumba once and it was so horrible, I apparently have no rhythm and zero coordination to do any combinations moves of any sort. So I'm doing P90x now and today was my first Kenpo workout and oh man it was so so so bad. Total fail on my part. I am so thankful no one was there to see me crash and burn. Is it OK to sub another workout for Kenpo? I was thinking maybe throwing an Insanity workout in its place instead? Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Slow yourself down. I see you are a climber, so break it into bits like you would a route. Hand, Hand, Foot, Foot. etc... :)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member

Thanks!

You would get a better burn doing the insanity workout. In P90X my least favorite are Kempo and Yoga
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    I am HORRIBLE with Zumba and I was so discouraged, but I stuck with it, and now I can actually go to a bar and use the dance moves I have learned without looking like a total fool! Like with anything new, just stick with it, and eventually it will all fall into place :bigsmile:
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Yeah if I stuck with it I maybe sorta might get the hang of it eventually, but I guess for me it's not really worth it to try, as horrible as that sounds. Haha I think I might enjoy something else more instead, especially since I didn't really get a good burn as I was stumbling and fumbling around nearly the whole time.

Glad to see I'm not the only one.
This discussion has been closed.