Weighing

Options
I have decided to weigh on the first of every month ONLY.
I feel that weighing weekly (or every few days in my case) demotivates me to a point. I can get quite obsessed about loosing pounds, and when I don't it just puts me off my diet. I figure that as my healthy lifestyle is a life long process then as long as I'm feeling better in myself and can see changes then not to worry about what the scale says. And I hope this works for me.
Does anyone else weigh every few weeks or not every week and do you feel that this helps?

Thanks
Karen

Replies

• crunchygirl
    Options
    It helps tremendously! Seeing those normal fluctuations is depressing.
  • kazza97
    kazza97 Posts: 13
    Options
    Yeah it is. And because I have six stone to go, the little numbers don't mean very much at the minute!
  • Sepheara
    Sepheara Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Karen,

Dispite knowing that my body weight can fluctuate +/- up to 4 pounds a day, I still was weighing myself every morning, before breakfast and showering to be as light as possible. It was extreamly demoralizing, whenever It was any higher then the day before I would get frustrated. I felt like I was in a constant yo-yo effect, and would start eating comfort foods.

This time around, I decided to only weigh myself every week, and I am doing much better!
    your idea to only weight yourself every month sounds great! I hope it makes things easier for you, weighing myself less sure made me feel
    like I was making more progress, and easier to stick to my diet :)

-Amanda
  • kazza97
    kazza97 Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks Amanda,
    I think it's all about finding what works best for you really x
  • comforter
    comforter Posts: 39
    Options
    Hi Karen! I weigh one a month on the first day of the month, in the morning. I gave up weighing every day or week because it was so easy to get discouraged. So my focus now is eat 1200 calories a day, walk three miles a day and leave the results up to my Creator. This way it helps me avoid getting obsessive about the weight loss and focus on the goal: wellness. For the last 3 months I have been doing this and lost 16.5, 10.5 and 9 pounds, respectively. I set myself up to be thrilled with 5 pounds per month lost, so I have been thrilled with the last 3 months worth of progress. I always say the closer to the bone the harder it is to carve off, so I have decided to be grateful for whatever weight loss I am given as a result of my efforts. God bless you in your quest!! : ) It isn't easy, but it is SO worth it! Phyllis
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    It sounds like an excellent idea!!!

I have been a weekly-weigher for years. It doesn't bother me to weigh-in weekly, but I could never handle daily weigh-ins!

I will skip my weekly weigh-in if I'm feeling bloated, though. No need to see water weight on the scale.