Lose weight by walking?

Options
2»

Replies

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    You can be very successful losing weight by walking and tracking what you eat. Good Luck on your journey
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Walking is good exercise.
    You lose weight by eating less calories than you burn. Staying @ your calorie allotment, is crucial for losing weight. Unless you eat less calories than you burn, you will not lose weight.
  • fattynomore78
    fattynomore78 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I walk 5 miles everyday during the week I'm usually gone around 2 hours before I come into work and I've dropped 2 pounds and I go up and down hills it can be done
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Honestly being overweight or obese just a calorie deficit will help you lose weight pretty easily as long as youre logging correctly and keeping at it. Walking will just be helping. Any activity you do will aid in weight loss but you dont actually need to walk or go to the gym. But walking outdoors is good for your body amd your mind so its a great start.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    ericatoday wrote: »
    Honestly being overweight or obese just a calorie deficit will help you lose weight pretty easily as long as youre logging correctly and keeping at it. Walking will just be helping. Any activity you do will aid in weight loss but you dont actually need to walk or go to the gym. But walking outdoors is good for your body amd your mind so its a great start.

What if I'm not overweight? I hover near 130lbs right now, but my body still doesn't look quite right, so I'm going to try and drop another 10 lbs. I've always looked most normal when I was 115-120 lbs. I have a fairly small frame I think, and I've never had a chest. I struggle to fit into an A cup for Pete's sake. But as of now, my stomach sticks out much more than my breasts, and it just doesn't look aesthetically correct.