healthy food???? :O

Options
I want to ask y'all if I eat in my calorie goal will I lose? or should I eat SPECAIL KIND OF FOOD??? please answer!! :O

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if your calorie goal puts you at a deficit, you will lose weight. You don't have to eat any particular food to lose weight.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Caloric deficit works every time. Of course you have to make sure you are logging everything and logging correctly for it to work. There are no magical weight loss foods or pills. Despite the infomercials they don't exist.
  • muffinsandcakes
    muffinsandcakes Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if your calorie goal puts you at a deficit, you will lose weight. You don't have to eat any particular food to lose weight.

and for THOSE legs and THOSE abs :O :O :O :O
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    ????
  • Zerbiak
    Zerbiak Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey, there is no "Special kind of food" I believe. So yes eat within your calorie goal you'll be fine depending on if you have specific training requirements. But the Special trick to this is clean eating. By eating clean whole foods you will be able to eat MORE. Yes you can have a pizza, but that will blow out your macros and probably be the only thing you could eat all day. But if you focus on clean nutritious food items you will be able to eat tons more and see much better results at the end of the day. Hope this helps?
  • janejellyroll
    Options

I'm not sure what legs and abs you're referring to, but if you have specific appearance goals for your body, you may want to consider exercise as well. A calorie deficit will lead to weight loss, but many people find they prefer the look of their body when they also incorporate exercise into their lives (if you aren't already).
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    Zerbiak wrote: »
    Hey, there is no "Special kind of food" I believe. So yes eat within your calorie goal you'll be fine depending on if you have specific training requirements. But the Special trick to this is clean eating. By eating clean whole foods you will be able to eat MORE. Yes you can have a pizza, but that will blow out your macros and probably be the only thing you could eat all day. But if you focus on clean nutritious food items you will be able to eat tons more and see much better results at the end of the day. Hope this helps?
    like what clean eating?? :open_mouth:
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options

I'm not sure what legs and abs you're referring to, but if you have specific appearance goals for your body, you may want to consider exercise as well. A calorie deficit will lead to weight loss, but many people find they prefer the look of their body when they also incorporate exercise into their lives (if you aren't already).
    I mean toned abs and legs :) am starting BBG now :D

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce. Try resistance/weight training if you want "those" body parts, but it will take time so have patience.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

You can't spot reduce. Try resistance/weight training if you want "those" body parts, but it will take time so have patience.

thank you dear :D:D:D
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

I was thinking maybe your turtle! :laugh:

OP, no there isn't any special foods that you need to eat. You will find with time and experience that some foods fuel you and keep you feeling full longer than others, but there's nothing wrong with having the foods you enjoy. Just make sure you are logging accurately. The two biggest problems with logging are: underestimating portion sizes and therefore eating more than you think (food scale is the most accurate, even with prepackaged foods) and using the incorrect database entry (the database is mostly user entered with many incorrect entries, so double check the information for the entry you choose.
  • janejellyroll
    edited July 2016
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I was thinking maybe your turtle! :laugh:

#bodygoals #thatreptilelife
  • kimondo666
    kimondo666 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    the thing if you crave something eat little of what you crave for(like one slice of pizza - weight it on food scale) then for rest eat clean food(like vegetables and fruits). You don't need to eat more of what you crave for than for taste buds. But it is better to have clear goal in mind(for willpower). That is if you're ready enough. Try not eating pizza at first as you can train your willpower with less powerful junk food.
  • muffinsandcakes
    Options
    kimondo666 wrote: »
    the thing if you crave something eat little of what you crave for(like one slice of pizza - weight it on food scale) then for rest eat clean food(like vegetables and fruits). You don't need to eat more of what you crave for than for taste buds. But it is better to have clear goal in mind(for willpower). That is if you're ready enough. Try not eating pizza at first as you can train your willpower with less powerful junk food.

Is there a ranking of the powers of various junk foods I can refer to? I don't want to inadvertently eat a more powerful junk food when I mean to eat a less powerful one? Where do rocket pops fall in the power ranking? How about banana Now and Laters?
    acrually I did not get what is he saying :(
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options

Clean eating as in eating whole, non-processed foods. In the end though a calorie is a calorie, no matter if it comes from a clean or "dirty" source.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »

Clean eating as in eating whole, non-processed foods. In the end though a calorie is a calorie, no matter if it comes from a clean or "dirty" source.
    Yep. This. I do like a balance of nutritious foods and so-called 'bad foods', but in the end, food is food and a calorie us a calorie. There is no bad food, unless it is spoilt, rotten, burnt or you're sensetive allergic to it. Yes, you can have areas/ice cream/cake just as long as you weigh and log it all and stick to your calorie goal. I personally make sure I get enough protein, fat and fiber.

• ziggy2006
    ziggy2006 Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    For weight loss, calories matter the most.

For many people, it is also important to pay a bit of attention to macros (protein, carbohydrates, and fats). If you are logging on MFP, it will set generic goals and track these macros for you. Some people find that eating more of certain macros helps control their hunger while others find that it doesn't matter. The most important thing for weight loss is meeting your calorie goal, but once you have that down, you might want to pay attention to whether a certain combination of protein, carbohydrates, and fats best helps you to control your hunger. You can adjust your macro goals on MFP to suit your needs.

Once you have your calories and macros down, you can consider your nutrient levels. Probably the biggest help in getting all of the nutrients you need is learning about the nutritional content of the foods you consume and making sure to eat a variety of foods. If you are finding it difficult to consistently meet your nutritional needs through the food you consume, you might want to think about taking a multivitamin to make sure your bases are covered. Getting nutrients through food is probably best, but good daily multivitamin is also an option.

Don't get distracted by arguments over ill-defined buzzwords that can be used to demonize or deify foods, such as clean, processed, junk, healthy, bad, etc. Evaluate foods by looking at the ingredients in the food, the caloric content, and the nutritional value in the context of your individual needs and preferences. Don't eat foods you don't enjoy because someone claims they are a superfood, and don't eliminate foods you do enjoy because someone labels them as "junk".