Looking for supportive people who are positive, upbeat and motivational.

Options
BrandonMaria77
BrandonMaria77 Posts: 17 Member
edited July 2016 in Motivation and Support
I totally get the roller coaster. I was an athlete in high school and have always gone in spurts lasting years or only months where I have worked hard and ate well. I have also had times in my life where I have hardly been active and I have made poor food choices. I have gone through a couple tough years with having an ill boyfriend and quit taking care of me to help take care of him. He has recently had surgery again and we are hopeful that this is a positive step to us getting healthy and fit again. I'm currently at my heaviest, around 180 pounds. I want to reach 150 pounds for now. I tend to build muscle quickly so it's more about size for me. We are planning a trip to Mexico in March and I want to be the hot bikini mom hanging out on the beach. I also want to get back into BJJ training and possibly compete in a tournament over the next year. I believe in a positive outlook and looking for the good in every situation. Looking for friends who share this attitude.

Replies

• berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm sure you'll get there! I have 14lb to go (I started at 196lb with 56lb to lose) but I thinking being positive and keeping going even when you can't see the results it so important. Sometimes I find its the small things, finding an old belt that's too big is so rewarding.

Good luck getting the bikini body and looking after you again! :)

Could you tell me what BJJ is?

(I'm not new to MFP but I'm new to the community so I don't understand adding people, but I'm happy to!)
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hey Brandonmaria,
    Scenario almost the same here except I'm the one who's been looked after, also had a number of surgeries just starting to bounce back now after 18 months in hell, really important for you to focus on yourself as well as your boyfriend, you're a good one, really really best of luck with this, it's not easy, I've seen the toll it has taken on my wife, but it takes a special kind of person to standby someone though these trying times and you are one of those people, feel free to add me, I'm pretty motivational and honest
  • BrandonMaria77
    Options
    Looks like you have had a rough go for sure. It's not an easy thing to deal with when health is affected and it affects rs the way you are used to living. However, I believe some of the most rewarding things we get in this life are the ones we work the hardest for. I'm naturally athletic and extremely competitive by nature. I don't do things half way ever. I want to do all things well. Sometimes it's not always a good thing. But it does give me a natural drive. ☺️
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Being positive and focusing on your goals ahead of you is an awesome thing to do. Keep focused on where you want to go, and that'll help motivate you. I'll send you a buddy invite. I always try and stay focused on where I'm heading and not the struggles behind me.
  • BrandonMaria77
    Options
    I love what you say about focusing on where your headed versus past struggles. Having always been in shape and not being there now definitely bums me out sometimes. I will find myself being upset wondering why I let myself get this way after having worked so hard to be where I was. That is the type of negative thinking I'm striving to get away with. Thanks for adding me!!!
  • BrandonMaria77
    Options
    6aak5fdryoog.jpeg
  • djstatick
    djstatick Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love BJJ. Great workouts and it's fun!