*kitten* and THIGHS..why are you here?

Options
I am at the point of almost wanting to just starve myself or go on some wild fad diet. I exercise so much and eat a moderate carbohydrate diet. Some days I will even eat lower carb, like this week for sure! WHY are my thighs bigger than when I started it looks like in one of my pictures. Well really they are supposed to be an inch and a half smaller but I guess that doesn't count when my chest and abs both got 2 inches smaller. I guess I am a smaller pear now :-(
I hate to even say the word smaller because I am not in most people's eyes.
I am 5'8 and wear a size 10 now at most of places. This is an acomplishment for me because most of my adult life I was a size 14/16 and then a size 12 for a while. I only want to be a size 8 but I fear I might not like that either.
To be a size 8 I only need to lose 2 more inches in my waist, 4 inches in my hips, and maybe 2 inches in my thighs.
Will I look that much smaller?
I don't understand why I am so down about weight and loss today, I am so venting but it kills me that some people eat, lose, and look way better in months and I can be doing a similar plan and gain muscle and lose maybe 2-3 real pounds in 4 months.

Sorry I can't talk to anyone right now so I just have to get my frustrations out!!!!

#Ihatemydietrightnow

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Oh hon, trust me, a few inches anywhere makes a BIG difference. For me, 2 inches in my waist took me from a 14 to a 10... now I just need the thighs to budge so I can comfortably wear a 10 and possibly squeeze into 8s! Don't be so hard on yourself. You can do it!
  • sprky182
    sprky182 Posts: 20
    Options
    You can't expect your body type to change, once a pear, always a pear (but like you said, a smaller pear), but based on your photos, you already have a hot body! Embrace it- you look fabulous!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I suggest running... I started the Couch to 5K (c25k) and lost a lot of inches off my thighs!? They aren't flabby any more, they are defined. Not bulging with muscles but you can tell that I have them :wink:
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights for your legs? I find that if i do leg exercises with the gym machines my legs get much larger (becasue of muscle). IF so try doing lighter weights or just skip it and add more exercises on to ur upper body.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights for your legs? I find that if i do leg exercises with the gym machines my legs get much larger (becasue of muscle). IF so try doing lighter weights or just skip it and add more exercises on to ur upper body.

Yeah I saw this the other day online. I think I will do only bodyweight training on my legs like plylos and try light jogging. I am not able to outright run 3 and 4 miles anymore I have a rod and two screws in my right leg and ankle....