Top 5 favs for lunch?!

Options
kparks770
kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
Well,I think this helps me plus others who get bored with the same ole stuff.When I posted about the top 5 snacks I got a lot of great ideas when going to grocery shop:happy: So,now what is your top 5 lunch ideas?
1) Mini Pizza-english muffins with the extra fiber and whole wheat,turkey pepperoni,pizza sauce,fat free mozzarella,mixed bell peppers and onions,mushrooms.

2)Flat out artisian rosemary and olive oil artisian wrap,tyson steak strips,spinach,sargento reduced fat 4 cheese mexican cheese,1 tblspoon of ranch and some grapes.

3)EVOL Burittos in frozen section.

4)Boars head turkey with pepperjack and colby jack -low fat and on arnolds wholewheat bread thins veggie stix and a piece of fruit

5)perdue short cuts chicken pepperjack and colby jack low fat cheese and spinach in a flat out spinch and wholegrain wrap.

Replies

• Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    bump
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Well,I think this helps me plus others who get bored with the same ole stuff.When I posted about the top 5 snacks I got a lot of great ideas when going to grocery shop:happy: So,now what is your top 5 lunch ideas?
    1) Mini Pizza-english muffins with the extra fiber and whole wheat,turkey pepperoni,pizza sauce,fat free mozzarella,mixed bell peppers and onions,mushrooms.

2)Flat out artisian rosemary and olive oil artisian wrap,tyson steak strips,spinach,sargento reduced fat 4 cheese mexican cheese,1 tblspoon of ranch and some grapes.

3)EVOL Burittos in frozen section.

4)Boars head turkey with pepperjack and colby jack -low fat and on arnolds wholewheat bread thins veggie stix and a piece of fruit

5)perdue short cuts chicken pepperjack and colby jack low fat cheese and spinach in a flat out spinch and wholegrain wrap.
    I think EVOL burritos are local here but I see you are not, so cool, I have not picked any of these up lately, but they are tasty.
    I have been bringing a meat I buy in the deli, last week was chicken breasts and pork loin chops and I eat that with salad and a piece of fruit. Today and tomorrow I am eating a meatless chikn patty (boca, I think) on a bun.
    But I am getting bored and trying not to go back to lean cuisine because I really need more protein so I am looking for ideas too!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mmmm....those sound good! Thanks for the ideas.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    1. Apple
    2. Banana
    3. EXPOSED aloe drink
    4. KIND bars.
    5. Raw revolution bars.

I don't use microwaves and there's no toaster oven here, so I try to keep it pretty simple.
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    1 - boca burger in arnold sandwich thin with lettuce and tomato.
    2 - Any Progresso, high fiber soup with a bag of veggies and hummus
    3 - Any smart ones frozen lunch
    4 - flat out wrap with hummus and veggies
    5 - dinner leftovers - but only if I've put it in my recipes.

Not too exciting, but I need quick stuff to grab and bring to work.
  • Paiche
    Paiche Posts: 92
    Options
    tuna salad that i make on top of lettuce instead of bread
    stuffed tomato or pepper
    jimmy jons unwich
    kabobs made on grill from chicken and select veggies
    stir fry
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    one of my favorites is

jenni-o extra lean turkey breast sliced (4oz) = 100 calories
    flat out italian and herb flat bread = 90 calories
    2 tbsp hidden valley fat free ranch = 30 calories
    1.5 tbsp kc masterpiece buffalo marinade = 15 calories
    1/4 cup fresh baby spinach = 5 calories
    1/8 cup treasure cove crumbled feta cheese = 40 calories TOTAL: 280

NOTE: this is a HUGE wrap with 4oz of meat. you could easily just use 2 oz and the total would be 230 calories. I like to toast mine on the george foreman. your own little personal buffalo chicken ranch wrap. Mmmmm makes me want one now ;)
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I bring salads a lot to for lunch a lot because they are so easy. I either put cheese OR avocado OR a can of tuna on top. Fills you up and is delicious! Also I bring lean cuisines or smart ones, cans of soup, or veggies with hummus. YUM!
  • kd10680
    kd10680 Posts: 31
    Options
    Great idea to put the boca burger in the sandwich thin! I never thought of that!

My
  • texakin20
    texakin20 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump

Wow, these answers are not what I expected. Great way to get ideas.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm eating low carb so my lunches reflect that-

1) Tuna Salad
    hickory smoked tuna pouch with mayo, dijon, chopped up dill pickle, diced half granny smith apple and a stalk of diced celery with 2 akmak crackers crumbled and sprinkled on top.

2) Pizza
    Joseph's flax pita with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce, turkey pepperoni, mushrooms and shredded cheese on top, cooked in the oven.

3)Snacks for lunch
    turkey peperoni chips (microwaved 'til crunchy), sharp cheddar cheese stick, smoked almonds, cucumber with hummus, hard boiled egg.

4) PB & J
    Trader Joe's reduced sugar preserves, fresh ground peanut butter on a sliced in half one minute muffin.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/258089-low-carb-microwave-muffin

5) Chef Salad
    Meat and cheese, hard boiled egg, veggies and dressing.

Runners up- Chili, avocado BLTs, chicken liver pate sandwich
  • kparks770
    kparks770 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Come on guys those are great everyone but where's everyone else at??? lol
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    one: sunflower butter (1 tbsp) with an organic pink lady apple. - roughly 190 cals at most
    two: broccoli slaw and tempeh - roughly 150 cals a serving, which is half of trader joe's organic tempeh and a handful of broccoli slaw.
    three: kale salad with carrot and lemon juice - roughly 100 cals for a large bowl.
    four: homemade nachos with food should be good blue corn strips (14 strips), organic yogurt bean dip (i buy from costco, 2 tbsp) and doused with organic salsa (comes sealed with the bean dip from costco) - this is about 185 cals with one serving.
    five: organic brown rice cake with sunflower butter (1 tbsp), sliced banana (1/2), and drizzle agave nectar and sprinkle cinnamon. great for a sweet lunch, and one clocks about 200 cals.
  • o0amber0o
    o0amber0o Posts: 5
    Options
    Bumping this because I'm constantly looking for lunch ideas!

I've been living off of cereal and bagel thins lately for lunch. Raisin Bran, Berry Berry Kix, Honey Nut Chex. It goes over well for me. Other things I've ate a lot are: Lean Pockets and a salad, turkey sandwich on sandwich thins or light wheat bread with carrots/celery/cucumber and Lean Cuisines are a good stand by for me as well.
  • NewLeafEats
    NewLeafEats Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    1. Peanut butter + pumpkin butter sandwich, fresh fruit, veg with hummus. (I'm a simple girl, I know!)
    2. GIANT salad with greens, roasted pumpkin seeds, sliced apple/pear, and blue cheese/goat cheese. And some sort of protein on the side.
    3. Sweet potato, black beans, and sauteed greens (or kale chips)
    4. Veggie sandwich loaded with greens, sprouts, pepperjack cheese, avocado, hummus, and bell pepper. With fruit on the side.
    5. Avocado+turkey+bacon+greens sandwich. With fruit on the side.

I also sometimes eat dinner leftovers, but I usually save those for my husband.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I like to make a bowl of hummus or guacamole and dip cucumber and carrots into it. Fills me up.

If I've been exercising I'll often make a salad based around tuna or an egg. I throw whatever I like into the bowl (olives, cherry tomatoes, almonds, pesto, goats cheese). I keep my fridge FULL of things that go nicely in salads. I remember reading the recipe for a good salad needs a soft leaf lettuce, a crunchy lettuce, a herb, a nut/seed, a protein and a fruit/veg. Dressing optional.