Noticing a difference

Hey guys! I just had a quick question. How many pounds must you lose to start noticing a difference?

Replies

• JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    For me it was after I lost 10Ibs. I noticed it had come off my waist and thighs :)
  • kristysaurus
    kristysaurus Posts: 91 Member
    At 30lbs lost (and about 23 inches lost) I finally had a moment where I realized I looked different than when I started. I have a lot of weight to lose so I think it took a while for me to see the difference
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    It took a loss of 10 pounds to get down a full dress size grim size 14 to a 12. I can wear clothes close to the body now because of a recent shape shift from going LCHF. Yesterday I tried on a large dress and was swimming in it. I tried on a medium and it fit.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    I think it depends where you start and how realistic your viewpoint is. Take pictures so you can look back and make objective comparisons.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,733 Member
    Varies by person.

IIRC, for me, it was around 20-25 pounds when other people started to mention it. (I had around 60 to lose, and was fairly muscular at the start, so it may've taken longer to show up, I don't know.) I could see some differences myself (like looser clothes) around 10 pounds down.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    edited July 2016
    About 20 lbs for me when I had just started. Honestly, it really depends on how much you need to lose. Now, just 5 lbs makes a visible difference.
  • harvi1
    harvi1 Posts: 3 Member
    I noticed at about 10lbs- one dress size. Other people noticed at 3 stone- which was disheartening to wait that long, but worth it!!