??? help please

Options
nowic
nowic Posts: 171 Member
ok so here is my question. I have to go weigh in today - so due to TOM and the fact that I ate too much salty foods today- what is the best way to lose some water weight quick? I worked out this morning then sat in a dry sausa(for as long as I could take it, so prob. only about 5-10 min.) So what now? Do I start drinking lots of water or a little bit until after the weigh in? I only have an hour till the weigh in :/ so please help!!

Replies

• felly07
    felly07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too. Anyone have any routines they do to make themselves 'lighter' for the scale?
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The only thing that you can do is drink water, water and more water. There is no real way to lose it quick unless you do an unsafe method like a diuretic or something.

I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom. If TOM is hanging around that week, I take that into account and don't weigh until the following week
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    You really should weigh first thing in the morning after using the potty and BEFORE eating or drinking anything, as this can add weight to your scale.
  • nowic
    Options
    I am going to my dietitian appointment, so I really didnt have an option to do it first thing in the morning, otherwise I would :)
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    I mean no offense, but you are focused on entirely the wrong thing if you are trying to lose weight in an hour for a weigh in.

The goal here should be long term fitness and with that, you will have good days and bad ones and you will have fluctuations on the scale.

My advice is quit worrying about that number on the scale and instead focus on long term health and fitness....focus on things like body measurements.

Again, I mean no offense...I'm just sayin'
  • sheer_abulous
    Options
    I would suggest when this next happens, a few days before eat a sufficient amount of sweet potato (not mashed). it absorbs a lot of water so when it comes to weigh in you'll have more of a clue as to what your actual weight is
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I mean no offense, but you are focused on entirely the wrong thing if you are trying to lose weight in an hour for a weigh in.

The goal here should be long term fitness and with that, you will have good days and bad ones and you will have fluctuations on the scale.

My advice is quit worrying about that number on the scale and instead focus on long term health and fitness....focus on things like body measurements.

This.
  • SugarBaby1987
    SugarBaby1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The only thing that you can do is drink water, water and more water. There is no real way to lose it quick unless you do an unsafe method like a diuretic or something.

I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom. If TOM is hanging around that week, I take that into account and don't weigh until the following week

What she said! :smile:
  • nowic
    Options

This.

No offense taken, and I do agree. Its just I also want to see victory through the scale, just another visual of success, thats all. And since I only do it once a month I want it to be good :) I dont weigh any other time throughout the month because I am try to not let it be about the scale. :D And I wouldnt even be asking the question if yesterday was a normal eating day rather then too much chips and salsa celebrating the 4th and the TOM issue- thats all.
    Thank you for your opinion and honesty :)
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options

I agree, it won't matter what the scale says today.....its in the long term that matters. good luck:)
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    But if you "trick" the scale, you are not really getting an accurate picture!
  • nowic
    Options
    I wasnt really trying to "trick" the scale, I more wanted it to reflect the weight of a normal day, not one where I was retaining water due to salt and TOM, just the normal day to day weight. Hope you hear what Im trying to say. I wasnt trying to get away with anything, cuz in the end for me its about health and activity that are the biggest factor of ones weight success not a #.