Reaching out

Options
Hi all,

I'm pretty new here and have decided to reach out and meet the community. I joined almost a week ago and have been keeping a daily blog (link in my profile), and I think I'm about ready to start tracking food and exercise too.

I guess the best introduction I can give you is from the blog post I wrote the day I joined: "I'm 33. I've worked hard for the past decade to build the life I wanted - married, grad school, now a career. I built the life I wanted. And I'm miserable. I hate my career. My relationship with my spouse is, in many ways, unsatisfying. I'm depressed and, I'm sure like many other here, comfort myself with too much food, too much TV, too much cat videos on the internet. I'm 40ish pounds heavier than I'm comfortable with, I'm tired, my muscles ache all the time. I built the life I wanted and it turned out it's not the life I can thrive in."

I would love to connect with any and all here, but especially those who have been at this for awhile, who have worked through (or are still working through) some of the tough issues and emotions that contributed to their weight gain, and/or who just likely to share honestly about aspects of their experience. Feel free to add me or send me a message. :)

Thanks for reading,
TTT

Replies

• SamanthaLouiseMence
    SamanthaLouiseMence Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a request x
  • TortieTabbyTuxie
    TortieTabbyTuxie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Samantha!
  • snerggly
    snerggly Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm pretty new here and have decided to reach out and meet the community. I joined almost a week ago and have been keeping a daily blog (link in my profile), and I think I'm about ready to start tracking food and exercise too.

I guess the best introduction I can give you is from the blog post I wrote the day I joined: "I'm 33. I've worked hard for the past decade to build the life I wanted - married, grad school, now a career. I built the life I wanted. And I'm miserable. I hate my career. My relationship with my spouse is, in many ways, unsatisfying. I'm depressed and, I'm sure like many other here, comfort myself with too much food, too much TV, too much cat videos on the internet. I'm 40ish pounds heavier than I'm comfortable with, I'm tired, my muscles ache all the time. I built the life I wanted and it turned out it's not the life I can thrive in."

I would love to connect with any and all here, but especially those who have been at this for awhile, who have worked through (or are still working through) some of the tough issues and emotions that contributed to their weight gain, and/or who just likely to share honestly about aspects of their experience. Feel free to add me or send me a message. :)

Thanks for reading,
    TTT

I can support you and cheer you on if you would like. I understand how you feel, I really do. I went through something very similar in my late 30's which lasted into my early 40's. I can say that life can turn itself around, I believe in you.
  • TortieTabbyTuxie
    Options
    Thank you, snerggly, I would love that! I'll send you a request.
  • Willow2528
    Willow2528 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a good listener and would be very willing to help and support you, I have 50Ibs to lose myself.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. xxx
  • TortieTabbyTuxie
    Options
    Thanks Willow, I will add you!