Herbalife suppliments

Options
Woodman725
Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
I'm not a huge suppliment guy, but I am using a protein shake and pre-workout powder(mostly for power not energy). I feel like I get a lot out of each one, but they are a little pricey although as far as I'm concerned, worth it. I have seen good results. I should add, I'm close to my ideal weight so I'm not really in the weight loss mode and I really don't want to do meal replacement.
I was talking to someone who told me his wife sells Herbalife and asked if I'd like to try it or look at it. I'm mainly wondering if anyone has used their products similar to what I'm using and your experiences. Is it a big upsell type thing? I get the feeling like it may be one of those things where they always want to sell you more and more and upsell you to something else. So please answer these questions:
1) Are these quality products?
2) Is the sales pushy or a lot of additional unnecessary products?
3) Do they work?

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Get a sample. Most of them who push those will want you to try them if they are honest! :-)

A lady at the dojo sell Advocare and she brings everything to practice to sample.
  • Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in the answer too. Someone has hit me up about Visalus (I think it's similar to Herbalife). Anyone have any opinions on which is better? And I am interested in weight loss.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    They did an investigative report (I beleive it was done by the fifth estate in Canada) on Herbalife, and as it turns out it is the diet and exercise regimen that leads to the success of the program, not the pill or whatever it is.
    1) They are BS (if you could get a copy of the workouts and diets that is all you would need, the supplement does nothing)
    2) Very push and try to up-sell you on a bunch of other stuff.
    3) Only if you follow the workout and diet (so just do the workout and diet and don't pay them)
  • amybear27
    amybear27 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It is a pyramid company where the consultants try to get people to sell under them and so on. I think the products taste pretty good and they have a lot of recipes, but not sure of the effectiveness or other specifics. I am interested in hearing what others say.
  • Ericanikki
    Ericanikki Posts: 198
    Options
    The local store that sells these products is VERY pushy, but I tried the product and I thought it was a great product, the shakes anyway. The taste was amazing.

The supplements they pressured me into buying, I returned and got a refund.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    It is a pyramid company where the consultants try to get people to sell under them and so on. I think the products taste pretty good and they have a lot of recipes, but not sure of the effectiveness or other specifics. I am interested in hearing what others say.

This is what I was a little worried about. Although I have no problem saying no, but it just doesn't say much about a product if you have to have a pyramid type scheme to sell it. If its a great product or even a good product, you don't need a million people out there selling it, it will sell itself.

Thanks for all the feedback.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about the product (so I am not sure why I am commenting) BUT they are the sponsor of The L.A. Galaxy and Landon Donovan is Entirely too sexy... :love:

*thinks to self* I wonder if he takes herbalife. :tongue: Probably has more to do with the extreme work out they do all the time.
  • kristie778
    kristie778 Posts: 51
    Options
    Some of the stuff they sell can cause liver damage. AVOID!!