The pants don't fit!!

Options
mikalover6
mikalover6 Posts: 6 Member
Hello! So, I went ahead and bought a pair of jeans that were one size too small( I could get them on, button, and zip them) I've been going at this for a month now and am confident I'll fit into them before long and keep it up even after they fit!!... I don't have second thoughts but wanting to get opinions on buying clothes too small for your current body.. Yay or nay?

Replies

• JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I don't personally do it however I'm sure it would be great motivation!
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I am more on the nay side for practical/financial reasons. I initially bought a pair of size 10's, I wore them maybe once because of how fast I dropped hip weight and it seemed like a waste in the end.
  • abitofbliss
    abitofbliss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I, personally, have purchased clothes in a smaller size in hopes to be able to fit in them. Really, my entire closet is basically clothes I had before I gained 60+lbs. I've kept them and plan on getting back into them soon. I don't see a problem with buying smaller clothes as long as you're working toward your goals. I can imagine it would only be pointless if you never fit in them!

Get in them jeans girl!
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I've kept some clothes that were too small, but buy things that don't fit? Nope.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yeah I really don't have to buy anything. I can just open my closet :#

But you don't really need our opinion. If buying clothes that you want to wear when you are a little slimmer motivates you, then go for it.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I did that. Now I'm pregnant. Should have saved my money. I'll be a long time getting back into those pants. lol
  • juanitagardner07
    juanitagardner07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good way to motivate.. But I am going to try and wait until I am closer to my goal weight to buy new clothes. I think it will be more fun to be able to go on a mini shopping spree to buy SMALLER clothes.... LOL!! My treat to myself. :)
  • 44to44
    44to44 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Nay, because even if you slim down enough to fit into them, it doesn't mean they will fit right/look good, and then you've wasted money on ill-fitting clothes. I buy clothes that fit my body right now. Lord knows I have enough clothes from the past in smaller sizes that I can use as a gauge to measure my weight loss.
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have a Pair of "goal" pants, and a goal dress. I found them in a size too small for me now but they were so cute/beautiful I knew I would one day really want to wear them. So I bought them. The dress is too tight for my arms and the pants are too tight for my thighs,hips and butt, but one day they will fit.
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Nay, because they may one day fit, but will they fit comfortably/attractively? It's a gamble.
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i say yes, as long as they're not too small.
  • Enny2405
    Enny2405 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have 2 wardrobes full of motivation clothes that I want to fit back into - doesnt help
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    It helped me but I do not go overboard. I started out that I wanted to fit into an old skirt and it motivated me. I bought some things to shrink into and it has really kept motivating me. The latest is a very cute miniskirt on sale. Given that miniskirts and I never have been friends that one was a real step into the unknown. It is not micro but above the knee, I am very self consious about my not so pretty knees. Last week I showed my husband that it fit. He said it would be a real shame if I did not wear it as he felt I looked awesome in it.
    So next date night (whenever that may be) I am wearing a miniskirt that I even whe I bought it I thought would be a step too far for me.
    So I am in the yay camp, but take slow steps
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    The only things I have that's a size too small is a pair of pants and a pair of shorts. Big shirts are easy to fit into any fashion sense, but not big pants/shorts. It's not funny when they keep falling down after all.
  • katybowling
    katybowling Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I only buy things about half a size too small, never good to put too much pressure on yourself. I bought a shirt a few weeks ago, I could have worn it and got away with it but it was a little too tight, but as it was in the sale I bought it. I wore it last Friday very comfortably!

I lost 7 stone and then have gained 3 again, I have a few items too small that I want to get back into, that's more of a motivation!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm against wasting money on clothes that don't fit but I'm a man.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    No. Not at all practical for me.