Fabletics Sizing?

Options
JessicaMcB
JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
How TTS does Fabletics sizing run? Being in Canada I can see returns being a mf'er and want to avoid at all costs.

According to their size charts at 5'9" and 35-28-35 I should be a small in their bras (this makes sense lol), but my hips put me anywhere from XS-XXS for bottoms (which seems very off). I feel like small makes more sense even though the measurements they list for small are bigger than mine. Is Fabletics just a bad vanity sizer?

Help activewear addicts, you're my only hope ;) !

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't know about sizing but I have only ever heard bad things about not being able to return stuff and not getting money back for months etc so I have always given them a miss
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    From the guys side it runs true to size.

But honestly I don't know that I would recommend them.

I find the shirts really heavy, not comfortable for running or cycling and the shorts are tight enough to make me a little embarrassed to wear them around, not due to my physical shape, but it doesn't leave much to the imagination.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Personally i would avoid like the plague
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    Gah well this is sad but good to know, thank you all for your input! I really like all their open back designs and they have some cute bottoms but I guess I'll take a pass on Fabletics. Its so hard to return with a US retailer at the best of times :/
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I think their clothes run extremely small, they fall apart very quickly and are just not worth the time or money.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    This was my experience, from a thread last year ....also I bought a really cute cut out back top too but not worth the hassle
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Anybody else get the ads following them round for this fitness gear?

Just thought I'd say I tried them and have to say hell no, don't go there

They have some weird membership scheme where you agree to £44 a month which should fund an entire outfit - but have the right to skip a month as many months as you wish

I ordered fitness trousers, a t-shirt and a sports bra .. took the membership scheme because it offered a 50% discount - only I had to return it, the quality of the, gorgeous to look at sports bra, for someone who actually works out and has boobs, was abysmal. I kept the pants and t-shirt because meh .. they're OKish .. I also cancelled my membership. It took me a phone call (premium rate) to work out how to return the goods

They failed to cancel my membership .. and took £44 this month :o .. they were difficult on their premium-rate phone call refusing to return my money due to their 'membership agreement', even told me they'd listened to my initial conversation and I hadn't asked to cancel ...

so I had to take them on .. which surprised them I think

After 3 phone calls, their trying to convince me that I had no right to my money but should buy their substandard fitnesswear instead and paypal involvement I got my money back

But seriously .. avoid this company like the plague .. unless you really are organised, know your rights, can fight your corner and like unsupportive fitnesswear

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Their stuff is meh...my mom signed me up with a credit for my birthday a couple of years ago and I got a bunch of stuff. I feel most of their stuff runs large. The capris seem true to size, though. Idk, I wasn't impressed. I actually wear the stuff I bought to Spartans and Tough Mudders so I have a reason to throw it out when I'm done. I haven't bought anything in over a year. I just skip every month.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    What would I do without MFP? Waste my money on shenanigans apparently lol. I guess I will go back to lusting over the stupidly expensive Nike running tights I want but am not allowed to have until I hit end weight :'(
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/shannonrosenberg/live-laugh-workout-clothes?utm_term=.mt4mRYoyB#.dnxlEo580

A few other options for you (I'm sure some of them ship to your locale)
  • ew_david
    Options
    Got Old Navy up there in Canada? I like their tights almost as much as I like my UA tights.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Got Old Navy up there in Canada? I like their tights almost as much as I like my UA tights.

Yes, I have some decent compression crops from them but they don't carry tall in-store in Canada (not sure about America?) anymore so they fit me funny/I can't buy their running shorts because of the length issues. Buying online from them here is a nightmare because their sizing is so inconsistent :/ . We go to the city for a bit next week so I'll hit Sportchek and ON then, thanks :)
  • ew_david
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

Yes, I have some decent compression crops from them but they don't carry tall in-store in Canada (not sure about America?) anymore so they fit me funny/I can't buy their running shorts because of the length issues. Buying online from them here is a nightmare because their sizing is so inconsistent :/ . We go to the city for a bit next week so I'll hit Sportchek and ON then, thanks :)

Idk if they sell tall here either #forevershawty
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    What would I do without MFP? Waste my money on shenanigans apparently lol. I guess I will go back to lusting over the stupidly expensive Nike running tights I want but am not allowed to have until I hit end weight :'(

They're expensive for a reason. I'm not afraid to admit it. I wear women's Nike yoga crops under my shorts when I mountain bike in the fall months and they are awesome. Look into Reebok as well. They have good running pants.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I just ordered my 2nd outfit. Did the discounted first outfit and I really like the feel, design of the fabric. The shirt (small) was just right for me but the capris (also ordered small) are a little snug. I ordered a medium on the bottoms for the outfit that is on its way. Typically I'm a small for tops/bottoms with brands I buy in store.

Ps-I don't buy bras unless I can try them in person.
  • JessicaMcB
    Options
    CincyNeid wrote: »

They're expensive for a reason. I'm not afraid to admit it. I wear women's Nike yoga crops under my shorts when I mountain bike in the fall months and they are awesome. Look into Reebok as well. They have good running pants.

I know, I have Nike Pro running shorts that I love. I'll look more into Reebok, I have some second-hand and find it fits very wide
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" 35-27-39. I wear a small for the bras at fabletics and a mediums in bottoms. I've gotten some really good clothing from there and some really cheap stuff as well. Best thing to do is to read the reviews before you buy.
  • modmom1
    modmom1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @JessicaMcB Hey Jessica (I'm in Alberta too). Try Forever 21 for workout clothes that are inexpensive and stylish. They have alot of open back styles. They may not last as long as brand name workout wear, but they'll last long enough to be worth what you pay. They ship as well and often have deals on.
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I second the Reebok recommendation. I have two pairs of their cold weather running tights, and they are by far my favorite workout clothing items.
  • Escape_Artist
    Escape_Artist Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    It runs the same size as Lulu. I however don't recommend them. If you are in Canada and want to encourage an amazing canadian brand, I recommend Innerfire, they are in BC, their products are amazing (made of part recycled plastic bottles). Noli is also a favorite of mine although from the US so you'll have to pay xchange which sucks.