So I've hurt my back

Options
So four weeks ago I slipped down the stairs and have hurt my back ever since, at first it was so bad I couldn't sit straight on my butt, get up or lean forward or pick up anything.. twisting was fine once standing.. anyway gradually my back has been getting better but if over work it then I need to take a pain med but batable.
Well today for some reason I stuffed up my back again and I can barely move again.
I miss my exercises and egar to get something going as I'm just getting fatter 'cause I can not do insanity or jogging and eating out of boredom.. Ive tried to keep on track this past few days..
I'm not even sure what advise I'm after, just having bit of a rant to myself I think lol.

Replies

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Maybe try an exercise program using resistance bands? Resistance bands are often used for rehabilitation after surgery and muscular damage.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Injuries happen.

Change your calorie and macronutrient intake to reflect being less active.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    get to a doc/ physical rehab

and weight loss happens in the kitchen, not in the gym. put the fork down.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Get your eating in order.

Go see a doctor.

Do not try making up your own exercise program at this point. You could do serious long term injury/damage to yourself. It is far better to suck it up and take time off of exercise so that you can heal and be healthy/active for years to come. One, two, three, even six months off is a short blip of time compared to the rest of your years.
  • tkdchick2016
    tkdchick2016 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Don't mess with your back. I have back problems, my advice is go see your doctor to get x-rays or something to make sure you didn't hurt something. Then I would go see a physiotherapist. The long term damage that is possible is just not worth it!!!