Fell off the Fitness Wagon

Options
Man... I suck... I was down to 188 pounds and now I'm back to my heaviest weight. I had a bad few months and left MFP for a while and hardly got on to record my intake and exercises etc. Completely lost motivation because I would binge eat and then starve for a while. (Bulimia/BED). I'm getting it back under control and thanks to my therapist, I got some motivation back. So does anyone else know some other motivational ideas to stay on the fitness wagon and not fall off again? For me, exercising helps to not binge.

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I too fell off the fitness wagon and then soon after was run over by it! That's what it felt like anyway. Just yesterday I made the decision to start fresh. All the weeks of not exercising and binge eating were done and over. The damage done but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.

I've started to make a spreadsheet to record my weight every morning. I know some people say to only weigh yourself once a week, but right now I need to take it day by day. So this morning when I saw I was already down 1.4lbs from one day of eating healthy, exercising, and drinking adequate water, I was happy and even more motivated! I find blogging helps as well. That way you can say whatever is on your mind.

I also had my bikini on this weekend. Yeaaah, definitely motivation to stay on the fitness wagon!
  • CardiacNP
    CardiacNP Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You need to commit to being the best you you can be, you will not be perfect everyday. But keep striving to be better each day.

Make the right choices at the time and the results will follow. The right choice may not be the 'perfect choice" but it will be the best you can do at the time. DOn;t let one bad choice lead into a day of bad choices and into weeks of bad choices. Each one is indpendent of the others.

Exercise is also the key along with proper nutrition. It is not a diet, but a LIFESTYLE!!

Live it!!!

Put yourself out there. be accountable!
  • cpanzeri
    cpanzeri Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I too have fallen off the wagon and don't see myself getting back on for a least a few weeks, by I WILL be getting back on!! I have a date set and marked in my calendar ( July 25) . I find if I write it down int calendar I am more apt to do it. Even though I have been off the wagon for a month now I still log everything and check in the forums every day! That helps me be a bit more accountable and it helps with motivation! I love to see all the successes and I like to hear that I am not alone withy struggles ( even though may feel I am). That has really helped me even though I am off the wagon now, I know I will get back on! So don't give up!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've slipped back so far :( I'm glad that you're climbing back on, though! Do you track your workouts? I have a calendar hanging up with all of my workouts for the program I'm doing, then I make sure to log them online. Makes me really not want to miss a day. I use WOWY.com and it tracks my workouts real-time.

It also helps to have something fun to do. If you don't enjoy your workout you won't do it, but if you do enjoy it you'll be looking forward to it!
  • brownsugar84
    brownsugar84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I fell off the fitness wagon too, but I'm back on as of yesterday. One day at a time - honestly, I found that when I stopped using MFP, that's when I ran into problems (so for me, this type of program really works for me if I use it consistently).

One day at a time though..