what supplements do you swear by?

Options
I am looking into supplements at the moment and have already posted about this earlier regarding what I already take. I am intererested in finding out what some of you guys take to help boost your general health and fitness. There are SO MANY vitamins and minerals out there claiming to do this that and the other....it is confusing to know what are the safest and best ones to take? I also keep reading about these berries that claim to help with weight loss and wondered if they are as good as they claim to be. If you were only allowed to take ONE supplement what would it be?

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What I take now:

Multivitamin
    Krill oil
    Vitamin D

If I had to strip down to one? Vitamin D. I could eat more fish, but virtually no one in the northern hemisphere gets enough Vitamin D.
  • lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    An Athlete multi-vitamin that I got at Costco. I used to take a whole pill every day, but then I started feeling funny so I've reduced it to half a pill a day.

I used to do fish oil and glucosamine until I ran out, and noticed that they are in my multivitamin.
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I take omega 3 and a multi vitamin. Inexpensive and seems to cover all the basics I might otherwise lack.
  • Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    B-complex, iron and Vitamin D. My doctor told me that they are better absorbed when taken separately, but I don't know if that's true.
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Steak! :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin and a calcium supplement which also has Vitamins D and K.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    multi, L-carnitine, chromium, CLA, fish oils, D, fiber. yup that's a whole hand full of pills ;)
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    a few - magnesium, vit c and zinc, calcium and vit d, vit e ( for my nails ;-) ) and i take flaxseed oil (as well as ground flaxseed in my diet) to get my omegas as I'm allergic to all fish and shellfish oh and comple Bs as i don 't sleep enough so these help perk me up lol
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I take several supplements daily (my mother beat it into me) BUT the one that I think is most invaluable is 5-HTP. I take one capsule in the morning and one at night. Food cravings are lower, I sleep (HUGE for a lifelong insomniac like myself) and I just feel better, overall. I can tell for SURE when I skip a day. I transform into a turd of a human being.
  • TamTamLove88
    Options
    Chromium! I can tell the difference when I don't take it. I feel sluggish, and have no energy.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Steak! :)

Haha...agreed !

Also love Scivation Xtend Refreshing Watermelon BCAA's. Take omega 3's, creatine and glucosamine/chondroitin too. I take other stuff but what I mentioned are my "go to" supplements.
  • lemitchell
    Options
    Looks like I take a lot of the same vitamins yall take but i have added a fiber therapy which is really great! It is called Equate Fiber Therapy. That is the hardest thing to get in my system.
  • amattern1974
    Options
    Glucosamine/sulfate, fish oils, Raw foods (garden of life) probiotics and vits, Holy Basil, Source Naturals (the bestest ever) enzymes, Air Aide, Cordyceps mushroom, Systematic enzymes, Chlorophyll, Greens packets, cinnamon, ginger, inositol, vit D, vit C. oh and the list goes on.

I do try NOT to take all this stuff every day, but often do, because i sweat/exercise so much, i need to replenish what is water soluable, that i sweated out.

swear by them all though.