Large breasted

Options
imissbagels
imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
edited July 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I have DDDs. I have always had larger breasts but since I gained all this weight... They're unbearable. Working out is VERY difficult. So I have 2 inquiries.... 1. How the hell do I do any exercise that involves jumping? No matter what bra I have, it hurts bad. And 2. Any tips on how to prevent or lessen sweat under there while working out?

Unbearable. Losing weight is hard enough. Adding this is just plain frustrating. Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• aceofswords
    aceofswords Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ugh... jumping :s
    What bras have you tried? I was having this convo with a gf recently and I was suggesting Moving Comfort to her as their bras have worked for me in the past but she tried one and wasn't too happy with it. Then she found a store called Title Nine and has raving about their bras. So maybe check out either of these stores in-person or online if you haven't already!
    But also, there are a lot of exercises that don't involve jumping... perhaps looking up low-impact versions of the jumping exercises you like most would help?
    As for the sweat.... let me know if someone gives you can answer on that one!
    Good luck with your working out!
  • mrt15513
    mrt15513 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm only a single D however what worked for me was wearing any comfortable sports bra and then wearing an under armor shirt over that. It helped me when I would do jumping exercises cause the underarmor shirt helped keep everything in place and its breathable fabric helped when I would sweat.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/

http://www.herroom.com/

I'm a 30H and I have NO problems exercising with my Panache Full-Busted Underwire Sports Bra 5021. I have it in size 30GG because it runs a little loose in the cups unless you have VERY full breasts(which I don't anymore since losing 86 pounds).

http://www.herroom.com/panache-5021-full-busted-underwire-sports-bra.shtml

Good luck to you and stay as active as you can!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    DDD means nothing without band size.

My breasts do not seem to change size with weight gain or loss. The only solution that I have found is multiple bras, or a very firm/supportive underwire bra PLUS a shaper top to distribute the bounce. With that setup, I can pretty much do everything except jumping jacks.

I have given up entirely on sports bras.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I wear DDD- I found sports bra shaped more like a " bra" and less like smashing the girls into a tube top( yes I am that old I remember tube tops-couldn't wear them back then either!) helps a lot- I jog now without any issue- get online- get outfitted right so you get moving- it helps a lot
  • Veganniee
    Veganniee Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    The only thing i found was a sports bra shaped like a cropped top, that was really restrictive. Difficult to put on and take off but stopped the pain!
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I second panache. I can do jumping jacks! (I wouldn't say no bounce, but nothing is uncomfortable) I also found the sweat isn't as bad as the design does just squash and shove them together, the cups are separate. (I was a 34H and now 32GG and I still swear by this bra. I have found it cheaper on Amazon.

Here's a UK site that ships internationally but they have a massive range of sports bras in all sizes. I found them helpful to look at what's out there.

http://www.boobydoo.co.uk
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Definitely panache ultimate sports bra - I was a 34G and am now a 30E having lost >60lbs. I do alot of HIIT training and don't find burpees or even tuck jumps a problem since getting these bras. I have 8 in all different colours - 1 for each day and a spare! They are so comfortable I can wear them all day at work and then go straight to the gym from work!
  • imissbagels
    imissbagels Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much ladies!!
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    I hear maternity sports bras are the *kitten*. I'll have to go try one to find out.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Another vote for layered bras. I wear a soft cup standard extra support bra, then I put a cheap cotton jog bra over it that is a size smaller than I should be wearing. It doesn't hurt, but it does minimize and squash everything tightly against my ribcage.
  • caitlinrn83
    caitlinrn83 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i'm another vote for moving comfort. if you have a running specialty store nearby, go and get actually fitted, because what you wear in normal bras doesn't always translate to sports bras.
  • sarahearra
    sarahearra Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love Panache, but they are pricey. If you have a normal band size (at least a 34) then I recommend Glamorise Ultimate Full Figured Sports Bra and High Impart Zipper Sports bra. They sell for about $35 on Amazon, and, if you are in the U.S., Kohls and JCP online. The zipper one is tough to get into, but awesome once you are in. The Ultimate Full Figured is all around supportive and comfy. They are true to size, but I recommend getting measured to make sure you actually are what you think you are. Proper fit is key. I recommend I higher end department store for the fitting (somewhere that staffs that department and carries F+ sizes in the store), not Victoria Secret. They will just try to fit you into their bras. For reference, I am a U.S. 36G and have no problem with jump rope, jumping jacks, cardio kickboxing, etc.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    i use panache sports, and jumping jacks are fine when its on.
    off. hell no
  • ievent
    ievent Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    While they may not be so fashionable, I am a huge fan of Lynx Sports Bras... a bit pricey but definitely one of the most comfortable I've found!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I use a dry spray antiperspirant under my boobs. It helps a bit. In the end, wiping with a baby wipe or showering is what really gets it off. You can also try baby powder under there.

I used to recommend Victoria Secret ultimate sports bras. But they changed it to a front closure which means it fits for one week or until the first time you wash it. I have no idea why they did that, it's the stupidest thing ever. I asked a sales rep once, she said it's so it's easier to get off. I was like - ok but now it doesn't work. I'm sorry I'm not paying $70 for a bra that lasts a week.
  • serapel
    serapel Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I have DDDs. I have always had larger breasts but since I gained all this weight... They're unbearable. Working out is VERY difficult. So I have 2 inquiries.... 1. How the hell do I do any exercise that involves jumping? No matter what bra I have, it hurts bad. And 2. Any tips on how to prevent or lessen sweat under there while working out?

Unbearable. Losing weight is hard enough. Adding this is just plain frustrating. Thanks in advance!!

you can have my B-cups? I breastfed 2 babies tho, so they may be a little floppy.
  • mrsmammahunter
    mrsmammahunter Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hey girl I have ddd and I use enell bra it is so amazing they barely move and it's pain free .
  • Jelly_Beaner
    Jelly_Beaner Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sports bra that's extra snug and then I wear an UA shirt with a sports bra built in it OVER everything! Gotta keep the girls safe and comfy!