Endometriosis sufferer looking for support

Options
On June 9, 2016 I was diagnosed with endometriosis I have been down and out and depressed since being told the news to the point of crying just before my diagnosis I was reading about a celebrity's story about having endometriosis at 15. For those who don't know what endometriosis is it is a painful debilitating disorder that is incurable it's when the endometrium lining that normally grows in the uterus grows outside the uterus. I'm looking for support from those suffering from the same thing or similar.

Replies

• eatliveplay
    eatliveplay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Reading this I just want to say...don't let a label/illness/disease define who you are. I was officially diagnosed 5 years ago and used to have periods where I'd let it bum me out but now I deal with it and continue living. You learn what works for you treatment wise and you draw strength and support from other areas of your life. It's fresh now for you but try not to let it take the spotlight. Hang in there.
  • Wiccanandi
    Wiccanandi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I also have endometriosis and know how painful and depressing it is at times, add me if you want
  • Bambee811
    Bambee811 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,, endometriosis is a terrible disease that unless u have experienced it,,, u have no clue!!! I suffered since a young age15.. Diagnosed later,, maybe early 20's.. I'm much older now,, lol,, 47,, and now I think more options probably regarding it available
    Stay positive ,, and know,, it doesn't mean your life is over,, there are ways to help it. And all that comes with it!! Hang in there
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I created a support and awareness group for people with endometriosis http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115086-living-with-endometriosis