herbal life diet plan to loose weight

Options
Hey, i am 22 and recently started using herbal life products to help with my weight loss journey. I replaced my breakfast with the fomula 1 shake and lunch with the protein bar. Has anyone tried these products and do they work? I would also appreciate healthy snack and dinner ideas... Please help.

Replies

• mom2rpkp
    mom2rpkp Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I suggest using whole, nutrient dense food in reasonable portions; better for long-term success because you will be learning how to obey hunger/satiety signals. It is also much more bang for your buck. Find someone on MFP whose weight lose journey you admire, send a friend request, and view a few days of their diary. Everyone is different, but you might learn a little.
  • LokiGrrl
    LokiGrrl Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I tried Herbalife when I was younger. It made me sick and dizzy (because at that time it was made of ephedra). I'm not a fan. Maybe, like ninerbuff said above, spend the money on whole foods and try to develop a way of eating you can follow longterm.
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    It just came out on the news this week that Herbalife is being sued by the FDA for their fraudulent and deceptive products. Look it up on CNN/ABC news and then you can decide if it's worth it. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Please don't do that to yourself. Food is not something to be feared. You can eat anything you like. No special meals or foods. Google recipes for what you like. Eat and enjoy. All you have to do to lose/maintain, is stop eating too much.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your "journey" doesn't end with weight loss - that's just the first phase.
    Far more important to learn how to eat for life and meal substitutes don't teach you that.
    The diet industry loves people with a short term view, yo-yo dieters are repeat customers.

My S-I-L did the HorribleLife thing, lost a load of weight (far too fast) and regained it all over the next year as she never learned portion control.

Save your money and buy a good cook book!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    The FDA is suing them for fraudulent claims and has basically said they are a scam. On top of that, their products have previously been linked to liver damage.

Stay far away.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Hey, i am 22 and recently started using herbal life products to help with my weight loss journey. I replaced my breakfast with the fomula 1 shake and lunch with the protein bar. Has anyone tried these products and do they work? I would also appreciate healthy snack and dinner ideas... Please help.

So not needed. Eat a balanced diet, weigh everything, that's all you need.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Ewwwww no
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Neanbean13 wrote: »
    Ewwwww no

^ In a nutshell, this.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member